• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unarmed and Naked in NC

The Expert

So my wife and I decided to come down to visit her parents here on the Western side of the state. We were running late on the departure and I failed to check into how OC is handled here as well as CCW reciprocity with Michigan.

That being the case, I left both my 1911 and my XD-9 at home and now I feel naked.

Anyone know off the top of their head if Michigan CCW is honored here? Also, is there any restrictions on people choosing to OC who are not residents of the state?

Just want to know for next time.

razor_baghdad

Michigan reciprocity

http://www.ncdoj.com/About-DOJ/Law-...ment-Liason/Concealed-Weapon-Reciprocity.aspx

States with North Carolina Agreements
Alabama Kentucky Oklahoma
Alaska Louisiana Pennsylvania
Arizona Michigan South Carolina
Arkansas Mississippi South Dakota
Colorado Missouri Tennessee
Delaware Montana Texas
Florida Nebraska Utah
Georgia Nevada Virginia
Idaho New Hampshire (resident permits only) Washington
Indiana North Dakota West Virginia
Kansas Ohio Wyoming