• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An 19-year-old female is dead after a shooting on La Crosse's South Side Sunday night

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
An 19-year-old female is dead after a shooting on La Crosse's South Side Sunday night. The woman was found shot at 11:11 p.m. in the 3700 block of Elm Drive, according to law enforcement officials. She was taken to a local hospital where she was pronounced dead.

An autopsy is planned later today in Hastings, Minn. The victim's identity has not been released pending notification of family.

The shooting death comes after a drive-by shooting earlier in the night in the 700 block of Ferry Street. Four to six shots were fired at about 10:27 p.m., with no known injuries in that shooting. La Crosse police are saying the two shootings are related, but they are not saying how.

La Crosse police are not calling the death a homicide, but foul play has not been ruled out.
And then they wonder why we carry???

M

McX

you got drive by's in boonie-ville? i thought we had the patent on them. we have an imaginary sign at the edge of town that says Welcome to Racine, now duck!

protias

Tragic event indeed. My prayers go out to her family and friends.

I wonder if this was the a GFSZ.

Mlutz

Even if it was not in a school zone, the gun was unloaded and encased wasnt it? Since it was a drive-by...

logan

Campaign Veteran
Even if it was not in a school zone, the gun was unloaded and encased wasnt it? Since it was a drive-by...

Yup, of course it was unloaded and encased. I don't believe this story...There couldn't have been a drive-by!

I heard about this story on Z93.3 (La Crosse radio) this morning. The DJ was saying how it's shaken her and was taking callers. The 2nd caller talked about open carry. I didn't catch what exactly he said. A fellow employee at work heard it and thought he said that because of open carry, there will be more incidents like this. But for all the people who are shocked that this could happen in their neighborhood, maybe this can help wake them up. Violent crimes can happen anywhere at anytime!

The Don

A fellow employee at work heard it and thought he said that because of open carry, there will be more incidents like this.

My god...I have a friend from work who thinks this way, too. He wants to ban all guns even though he admits we'll never get all the guns from the criminals. He knows that isn't the solution, but he also firmly believes that "more guns" isn't the answer. I asked him once what he'd do if he was ever attacked by a criminal in some way. His answer - "Die, I guess." Dope.

I don't know why people can't understand that the people who carry legally aren't the people you need to worry about. Look at the stats about crime rates among open and concealed carriers, or the drops in violent crime once concealed carry is enacted in states. I just don't get how the anti-gun people don't get that.

And criminals aren't going to open carry just because it's legal, they're going to hide it because they're worried about being harassed by the police just like we are....albeit for vastly different reasons.

Even my liberal, (formerly hardcore) anti-gun wife understands that.

M

McX

interesting phrase; shot herself. no, the gun shot her, she was just standing in the way....