• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Homemade Glock Holster

What do you think of my homemade glock holster

• don't use it, get rid of it now!

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • use it, homemade is a good idea

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • use it, but get a REAL holster ASAP

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • don't use it, unless its for an airsoft gun

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

buckeye22

hey all, this is my first post. i just wanted to get some feedback on a holster i made.

being a poor college student i would rather spend my money on ammo rather than a nice holster. so i decided to make a holster for my glock 19 out of my blackberry phone belt clip. it works pretty well as far as i can tell (for a cheap clip on holster that is...).

please give me any feedback you feel like. what do you think of it as a holster? do i need to add any modifications? could i OC with this? when and where should i avoid wearing it if i do OC? i hopefully attached the pictures below so you all can see.

thanks for you input! hopefully i can ask for a nice holster as a birthday or christmas gift in the near future. i really enjoy this site and look forward to talking more with you all in the forums.

IMG00071-20100830-1232.jpgIMG00072-20100830-1232.jpg

Walt_Kowalski

Props for being inventive, but there is no way I would OC with this. It has no retention, and that clip could easily be snapped in a gun grab. Save up, and pick up a proper holster, then OC with pride.

Fallschirjmäger

Have to agree.
It could make a nice, 'spur of the moment' holster' ... for concealed carry. I tend to try and discourage openly carrying with a non-retention holster (on the same principle that I always lock doors and don't leave my keys in the ignition).

Must give you credit for finding a way to ensure the trigger guard is securely covered though :).

exelci

Cool But Unsafe

It doesn't look that bad.. I think we all here appreciate your effort for trying to practice your rights (that's what this forum is about) but it just isn't safe for you to use it as a holster. You Should Save up Some Money To Buy Your Self A Good Holster Even If That Means No Shooting In A Week Or Two.

you might want to check these ones out, they will very well do the job. has a retention strap
and a Magazine Pouch (under $20)

http://acecase.com/extra-magazine-holster-nylon.html

http://www.opticsale.com/uncle-mike...trk=gdfV2656_a_7c772_a_7c3291_a_7c048_d_70150

http://www.amazon.com/Ambidextrous-Holster-Magazine-Pouch-Glock/dp/B000FL05YK

NEVER FORGET... SAFETY FIRTS !!!

NOTICE: i dont sell them. just trying to help out.

Last edited:

sultan62

I say carry it but get a retention holster ASAP, even at the cost of some ammunition. I am also a broke college student, and used the stock 'holster' (using this term lightly) that came with my XD.

I would get a holster very soon though. The only reason I would suggest you carry now is because of the lack of attempted gun grabs. However, if someone did decide to try with you, they would likely be successful if they got far enough to actually touch your gun.

4angrybadgers

I would get a holster very soon though. The only reason I would suggest you carry now is because of the lack of attempted gun grabs. However, if someone did decide to try with you, they would likely be successful if they got far enough to actually touch your gun.

++++++ Even if the OP never faces a gun grab, I can't see that holster being at all comfortable and stable enough for everyday activities. It's designed to hold a Blackberry, not a 2+ pound pistol. Same goes for those cheap Uncle Mike's nylon holsters... I bought one, tried it once at the range, and never used it since. It flops around WAY too much to be remotely useful. A stable platform with some kind of retention system is a must.

buckeye22, save up the money and get a good holster. You'll thank yourself for doing so.