• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"He has a gun!"

Aaron1124

I have been working security for a company, and they have located me at the Des Moines and Sea Tac Safeway stores this last week, and throughout the weekend. Last night at around 8:30 PM, I was at the Des Moines Safeway store, and a woman had come up to me, pointing to a man down one of the aisles. With a somewhat loud whisper, she bursts out "There's a man with a gun down there!". I said "Oh, how was he carrying it?" She replies "On a holster thing, but it was a not a police man. It was just a man!" I said "Oh ok. Well that's legal.". She replies "Oh boy. I have to say that makes me uneasy" (Followed by her throwing her hair back behind her head). I said "Well I am just letting you know that I am not at liberty to ask this man to leave or put away his firearm. A private citizen, in the state of Washington, is legally to open carry a firearm."

The woman just sighs and walks off to continue with her night. She sure must have been terrified to go back to her shopping while a man with a *gasp* GUN was present in the same store! I never saw the man myself. I'm assuming he left out the other doors.

DEROS72

It would have been either one of us.I was there later I believe Saturday evening.Spent some time talking with the security guard!

Last edited:

69Charger

SCARY.

You guys and your guns.

Whats this world coming too?

Dave :)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

Count this leatherneck out.

US Constitution, Article I, Section 8:

...To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;...

The whole "declare your own country" thing was tried once already in 1861. The fedgov had no problem declaring the secessions a rebellion, even though there is no prohibition for such in the Constitution. And, even though the so-called rebels were actually the duly constituted legislatures of the seceding states--totally different from Oliver Cromwell leading an army against the King.

In some states, setting up a separate government within the state is treason. Virginia used to be this way. Maybe still is for all I know.

Nope. Not a good idea. Not a good idea to even write it on an internet forum. Fedgov agents are not known for their ability to recognize "just talk" or humor.

NRAMARINE

I wasn't talking about here. What I mean is we all get together, find someplace no one else wants or can handle and start over. A colony if you will. Somewhere laws are actually obeyed and rights are not debateable.

joejoejoe

It's called the United States! We tried it once. If there is anything we can learn from history, it's that we usually don't learn from history...

Joe~

nofoa

Wasn't there a thing over in Virginia where people were trying to get a large enough population together to succeed? I seem to recall that near 2000. There's always Alaska, golden state of firearms laws.

I will admit i think there is a huge error in our constitution. Instead of a majority vote i believe a unanimous decision must be reached on any item the government wants to do. This would effectively hamstring any government in doing anything at all. Win win for everyone.

amlevin

Count this leatherneck out.

US Constitution, Article I, Section 8:

...To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;...

The whole "declare your own country" thing was tried once already in 1861. The fedgov had no problem declaring the secessions a rebellion, even though there is no prohibition for such in the Constitution. And, even though the so-called rebels were actually the duly constituted legislatures of the seceding states--totally different from Oliver Cromwell leading an army against the King.

In some states, setting up a separate government within the state is treason. Virginia used to be this way. Maybe still is for all I know.

Nope. Not a good idea. Not a good idea to even write it on an internet forum. Fedgov agents are not known for their ability to recognize "just talk" or humor.

The only place "insurrection is legal is at the ballot box and the Constitution armed us with "the vote". Now if we could only get people to use it.

It's said by political observers that about 40 % of the voters vote Democratic and another 40% vote Republican. The is another 10% spread out to Libertarians. The rest is divided among Independents and "other". These are numbers I have seen tossed about by writers but they need not be totally accurate for this point. That is that neither Republicans or Democrats have a clear majority when it comes to national elections. They need to steal votes from those in the middle. Someone needs to organize a campaign to attract these voters to "our side". Rather than letting "Twerps for Obama" campaign for their votes, those of us that believe in small government, the Constitution, and rights of the people should be hard at it. Get enough votes together to make the R's come to us rather than sitting back and hoping something will happen. Whoever has a message that attracts the most Independant, Libertarian, and "middle voters" will dominate a national election. Can anyone say Ronald Reagan?

antispam540

The only place "insurrection is legal is at the ballot box and the Constitution armed us with "the vote". Now if we could only get people to use it.

It's said by political observers that about 40 % of the voters vote Democratic and another 40% vote Republican. The is another 10% spread out to Libertarians. The rest is divided among Independents and "other". These are numbers I have seen tossed about by writers but they need not be totally accurate for this point. That is that neither Republicans or Democrats have a clear majority when it comes to national elections. They need to steal votes from those in the middle. Someone needs to organize a campaign to attract these voters to "our side". Rather than letting "Twerps for Obama" campaign for their votes, those of us that believe in small government, the Constitution, and rights of the people should be hard at it. Get enough votes together to make the R's come to us rather than sitting back and hoping something will happen. Whoever has a message that attracts the most Independant, Libertarian, and "middle voters" will dominate a national election. Can anyone say Ronald Reagan?

That would work only if the majority of Americans were thinking, intelligent lifeforms with a serious interest in politics beyond "who's gonna give me more money? Obama is!"

amzbrady

Dont freak out to much about a scared anti coming up to you to complain. After all if EVERYONE took responsibilty for their own safety like we do and carried, then there wouldnt be a need for security gaurds.

amlevin

That would work only if the majority of Americans were thinking, intelligent lifeforms with a serious interest in politics beyond "who's gonna give me more money? Obama is!"

You are describing those that are already considered Democrats. There are a bunch of "fence sitters" that usually get recruited by one side or the other. They usually have IQ's that register above room temperature but are easily swayed if someone comes up with a good argument. I am suggesting that it about time WE started recruiting some of these rather than letting the likes of Obama get to them first.

Aaron1124

It would have been either one of us.I was there later I believe Saturday evening.Spent some time talking with the security guard!

Cool. I wasn't working there last Saturday. I won't be back at that store til' next Sunday at 5:00 PM. The security company that provides service for Safeway is very informed on OC laws.