• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buddy kicked out of library for OC

bennie1986

The end of the week should have been enough time for the attorney to research this issue and at least send out a memo. So lets make the study session official; This Saturday the 4th of September at 10am lets meet at the South Hill branch for a calm and quite discussion regarding state laws. I have reserved a meeting room from 10am to 1pm.

Last edited:

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Hello All from MI.

Hi - 1st things 1st ( my avatar is of a Anti-2A guy that is threatening to & asking others to: snipe, bomb, stab, run over OCers [man on left is him the right is charley manson]). See what we have to put up with in MI!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-T70thOVRA

I would suggest if you go in a group splitting into groups of 2-3 throughout the library & taking multiple video & voice recorders.(This gives you the most area coverage with your cameras) I know that if I would have shown up alone to a Royal Oak City meeting they would not have hesitated to remove me or any other single OCer from the meeting. The laws seem not to apply to our elected officials? It's like a law buffet for them, they enforce the laws (or make them up on the fly) they like, and break the ones they don't, (pick & choose law).

Good luck & keep up the good fight.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Personally I would not show up with a group as this dilutes the message that you are engaged in actual lawful library activites. If you show up with a group you could be seen as a protest and they can ask you to leave for being a disruption.

To play devil's advocate to your point, looking up the RCW's as a group as Orphan suggested would be a lawful library activity.

Does make me think though does other groups gather at libraries? Is it wrong to be viewed as a protest to the libraries illegal rules?

Personally I'd probably join you guys if able , as long as it was clear we weren't there to make a scene, but to make a point. If several folks showed up and were peaceful in your activities. The only ones making a scene would be library staff or the LEO in trying to enforce unlawful commands.

Remember to carry sterile!!!!!

Last edited:

bennie1986

To play devil's advocate to your point, looking up the RCW's as a group as Orphan suggested would be a lawful library activity.

Does make me think though does other groups gather at libraries? Is it wrong to be viewed as a protest to the libraries illegal rules?

Personally I'd probably join you guys if able , as long as it was clear we weren't there to make a scene, but to make a point. If several folks showed up and were peaceful in your activities. The only ones making a scene would be library staff or the LEO in trying to enforce unlawful commands.

Remember to carry sterile!!!!!

Again, to be clear I am not going there to make a scene. I plan to follow all reasonable rules and to keep a calm and respectful demeanor.

Jeff Hayes

Dang it I have another commitment Saturday morning, I will see if I can change the time so I can make it.

I agree with Mike take the kids/wife along make it a family event.

I would not anticipate any problems from the SPD. Just go to the library do some group research in the meeting room and go about your business.

sudden valley gunner

Again, to be clear I am not going there to make a scene. I plan to follow all reasonable rules and to keep a calm and respectful demeanor.

I didn't mean to insinuate you were I apologize if that is what came through.
And I know that anyone who attends are not doing it to make a scene.
Police and others monitor this threads and putting it into writing before hand puts them on notice that our intentions are clear.

bennie1986

I didn't mean to insinuate you were I apologize if that is what came through.
And I know that anyone who attends are not doing it to make a scene.
Police and others monitor this threads and putting it into writing before hand puts them on notice that our intentions are clear.

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to sound like I was insulted. I completely agree with what you said and I just wanted to take the opportunity to reiterate that I don’t want this to turn into a protest.

JSlack

I'm not going to protest. there is actually a book that I want to look up and check out. just so happens the library should have it. Just so happens that OC is legal in a library. guess I'll be there at 10am on Saturday OCing to check out a book!

aadvark

Washington State Preemption covers this situation, per Washington Code 9.41.300.
Open Carry of a Loaded Handgun on City Property/Public Buildings is Legal throughout Washington, except for the Buildings with Restrictions mentioned under the Code cited above.
Under Washington State Law 9.41.300, the Buildings with Restrictions that are permissable under State Law are: 1. Jails/Law Enforcement Facilites/Place of Detention, 2. CourtHouses (EXCEPT areas of engress and igress, per a LockBox), 3. Public Mental Health Facility (areas of engress and igress are exempt again), 4. Areas off-limits under for Persons under 21 years of age in Licensed Liquor Establishments (NOT an Establishment that merely serves Alcohol, but ONLY the Portion devoted to the age Restriction so cited), 5. Restricted TSA Screening Checkpoint in International Federally Protected Airports for Safe Passage in International Travel (NOT Merely Just The Terminals), and 6. Local Convention Centers or Stadiums (EXCEPT for Persons with Concealed Pistol License).

Persons who are Licensed pursuant to a Valid Washington Concealed Pistol License may Check-in their Weapons upon arrival at any place enumerated in 1, BUT they [The Weapons] must surrender their Weapons upon arrival and depart immediately therefrom when they [The Weapons] are returned upon departure.

Last edited:

von buck

Hey I'm a librarian and by policy I can't open carry, so you guys can't ether. It ain't fair and it'll hurt my feelings.

Ange

Wolfebane

Hi - 1st things 1st ( my avatar is of a Anti-2A guy that is threatening to & asking others to: snipe, bomb, stab, run over OCers [man on left is him the right is charley manson]). See what we have to put up with in MI!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-T70thOVRA

I would suggest if you go in a group splitting into groups of 2-3 throughout the library & taking multiple video & voice recorders.(This gives you the most area coverage with your cameras) I know that if I would have shown up alone to a Royal Oak City meeting they would not have hesitated to remove me or any other single OCer from the meeting. The laws seem not to apply to our elected officials? It's like a law buffet for them, they enforce the laws (or make them up on the fly) they like, and break the ones they don't, (pick & choose law).

Good luck & keep up the good fight.

Advocating Anti-2A through the action of shooting someone "sniper weapon" what a lame-o. Haven't seen such a bad speech since high school. All that stuttering threw me off (I mean other then his moronic message) on that guys video - I mean he's recording it...it's called do it again to get it right.

If I were anywhere near Michigan I would go to this festival with my weapon (either CC or OC since I don't know the MI state laws, and with all the proper permits/documentation) and just stand next to this guy and pass out a MI state gun rights pamphlet to every person he hands one of his idiotic drool-sheets to.

aadvark

NavyLT:

Thank you for staffing an initiative to service my interpretation of Washington Code 9.41.300, The Preemption Statute.

The aforementioned abbreviation CCW shall hereinafter be referred to as a CPL.

Furthermore, per your facilitation, The Lock Box exception shall be edited to read only as it applies to CourtHouses.

aadvark

aadvark

NavyLT:

Can one conclude that both 9.41.290 and 9.41.300 are Preemption Statutes?

aadvark