• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A little help please....Mariners Baseball

jt59

I'm sure this has been done before....but wanted to check.

Anyone know the policy at the Mariners Stadium...

I presume it is:

(b) Restricting the possession of firearms in any stadium or convention center, operated by a city, town, county, or other municipality, except that such restrictions shall not apply to:

(i) Any pistol in the possession of a person licensed under RCW 9.41.070

So, does that mean I can OC as long as I have my CPL?....or limited to CC

Last edited:

bennie1986

I'm sure this has been done before....but wanted to check.

Anyone know the policy at the Mariners Stadium...

I presume it is:

(b) Restricting the possession of firearms in any stadium or convention center, operated by a city, town, county, or other municipality, except that such restrictions shall not apply to:

(i) Any pistol in the possession of a person licensed under RCW 9.41.070

So, does that mean I can OC as long as I have my CPL?....or limited to CC

Using the same laws you cited I can find no reason you have to CC.

jddssc121

it's "leased property" they can (and do) restrict it... and they're within their legal rights to do so . The city is acting as a private party by leasing it out.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
CC at Safeco, Qwest, etc...

While the game is going on it is being leased by a private entity. I suggest you CC. I was asked once to hide my 'pocket knife' clip that was on my back pocket.

There is no search like at a Seahawks game so it is easy to be discrete and not worry about it. I have CC'd at Mariners games since 1990 or so. The same at Seahawk games, although they do a light pat down and examine your hair if you are wearing a hat. Therefore location of concealment is important at a Seahawk game.

jt59

Thanks,

When posted, I was 45 minutes out from my hook-up to ride up to see the game last night. I've carried a smaller rig, inside the pants set up there in the past. But wanted to take the 1911 Kimber, which is a little more bulky...and to consider OC'g if it wasn't an issue with mgt, for the cause...I didn't think to do a search....but did today. I truley thought this was city property, but the whole lease thing with the mariners' makes some sense, although I don't totally agree (my tax dollars)....but, OK then.

Anyway, we went in on the Terrace level and I know from past experience, they will search a bag, but have never seen them search someone personally, plus I was with some long term ticket holders....they go to 60+ games a year and the checkers know them pretty well.....

In any case, I decided to CC the Kimber, didn't have any issues, but then didn't expect to.

Got home last night at 10:30 after the game and the wife had badley cut herself on a kitchen utensil....off to Tacoma General we go....11:30pm into the ER....

Big time metal detector there...so, I went to security (with wife bleeding) and said "I need to check a sidearm"...They said "what do you have"...I said a .45 Auto....and they didn't quite know what to do, since the signage clearly said no guns/weapons of any kind and it was obvious that this was (nearly?) a first for the two guys on the desk.

I guess I was a little surprised at the level of security, but then on second thought, the kind of traffic they see there at midnight in downtown Tacoma.....well, Ok.

Anyway, they were very professional, asked me to lock it in my car, as they didn't have any lock boxes, so I did (having used the Valet service). The driver was a little freaked when I went back out to the car and unloaded it to lock it up in the back seat...I took the magazine with me back in and although they were reluctant, they did check it in and I got it back when we left at 4:00AM....boy, you sure don't want to be anything but arterial bleeding when you go in there if you want to get anything less than a 5 hour event.....

Yikes!....I left the gaurds with some brochere's, since all they had were handcuffs and flashlights...and thought they might like to do a little reading and update themselves as security staff (hopefully a report got made out and sent up to mgt)...

Except for the Mariners losing the game and leaving Ichiro stranded 3 times and some pretty poor baserunning in the top of the 9th, and losing a whole nights sleep....it was other wise a good night.

Thanks all for the feedback and direction

While the game is going on it is being leased by a private entity. I suggest you CC. I was asked once to hide my 'pocket knife' clip that was on my back pocket.

There is no search like at a Seahawks game so it is easy to be discrete and not worry about it. I have CC'd at Mariners games since 1990 or so. The same at Seahawk games, although they do a light pat down and examine your hair if you are wearing a hat. Therefore location of concealment is important at a Seahawk game.

Last edited:

daddy4count

Do the 'Hawk and Mariner tickets still list the old "By attending the event you agree to the following..." verbage on the back of each ticket?

If so it will not matter what the state laws allow... by attending the event you agree to abide by their rules.

IANAL, but I believe you are within your LEGAL right to carry at a ballpark, either open or concealed, provided you have a WA CPL. But if you purchased a ticket to a game and you plan to attend, plan to obey their rules as well... since it is their LEGAL right to restrict you.

oldkim

Yes the wordage is there on the back of all tickets.....

I am not a lawyer (IANAL).

So, this does not break a "law" per CPL for Washington State. You are breaking a rule set by the "ticket" agreement (be it Mariner's, Seahawks, Storm, whatever). You can be charged for "trespassing" if they ask you to leave and you refuse.

OC is out - they'll see you a mile away and ask you to leave - you just voided your ticket. Meaning you'll have to go to your car and store your sidearm and then come back (if your lucky).

CC - they do check bags and some are trained to keep an eye open for those "gun clothing giveaways" like wearing 5.11 pants and shooting shirt or having a large jacket when the weather is nice.

The only venue I have seen people "patted down" was at Seahawks game. Some folks were patted around the waste.

HINT: don't wear your firearm on your waist. Dress as "regular" as you can. No gun logo hats, shirts, etc. Unless you want that type of attention.
Deep Concealment is advised and recommended but that would depend on your carry setup (firearm size and holster design).

Last edited:

Metalhead47

I am not a lawyer (IANAL).

So, this does not break a "law" per CPL for Washington State. You are breaking a rule set by the "ticket" agreement (be it Mariner's, Seahawks, Storm, whatever). You can be charged for "trespassing" if they ask you to leave and you refuse.

OC is out - they'll see you a mile away and ask you to leave - you just voided your ticket. Meaning you'll have to go to your car and store your sidearm and then come back (if your lucky).

CC - they do check bags and some are trained to keep an eye open for those "gun clothing giveaways" like wearing 5.11 pants and shooting shirt or having a large jacket when the weather is nice.

The only venue I have seen people "patted down" was at Seahawks game. Some folks were patted around the waste.

HINT: don't wear your firearm on your waist. Dress as "regular" as you can. No gun logo hats, shirts, etc. Unless you want that type of attention.
Deep Concealment is advised and recommended but that would depend on your carry setup (firearm size and holster design).

handcannon.jpgicon_mrgreen.gif

knight_308

Safeco security flipped out on me when they saw my leatherman on my belt and my knife clipped to my pocket. They didn't even notice my P11 in my cargo pocket.

I left through the reentry gate, dumped my gear in the car (I was more scared of the wife being pissed at me than having any problems :p ), and came back in through the reentry gate. That guy didn't even look me over twice, he just made me throw out the can of soda I was chugging. Nazis.

They never even checked the wife's purse; she could've had a MAC-10 and half a dozen magazines in there. It's all security theater, no *actual* security.