Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC info table @ Lacey Walmart.

OC info table @ Lacey Walmart.

Lacey Walmart allows groups to host a table for a day, on the weekends, with approval from management... It'll be outside, at the main entrance...

I need a few volunteers to sit/stand at said table with information.. and willing to be POLITE, regardless of any clowns that might try to harass you.. You'll probably be answering questions all day, and an interaction with police is all but guaranteed, but Lacey PD is well informed of the law and shouldn't pose a problem....

PM me if you can help out around sep 18th, 25th or October 2nd(or thereabouts)

PM G22paddy, he needs a taste of his own medicine (har har har). I might be in for this, but I won't know til later this month how my schedule will go.

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Don't forget that September 25th is the Vancouver BBQ.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

You really think Walmart would be down for that? "Letting" people OC in the store cuz that's the law is one thing, tacitly "advocating" such by giving you the OC to put up a booth, seems kind of a stretch for any company. Hope it works for ya tho.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Heck, if the Church of Scientology can sit there and peddle Dianetics to the public, we ought to be able to "peddle" the bill of rights! Equal opportunity, am I right?

I'm up for sitting at a table and telling people what their rights are. Give me the time and place, and I'll see about making it there!

69Charger
    Bet ya a BUCK ( $1.00)
    They (wally world) ask you not to.

Dave

Explain that the table would be for CIVIL RIGHTS AS ENUMERATED IN THE U.S. CONSTITUTION, then as you OC, the focus would be on 2A.

then as you OC, the focus would be on 2A.
    As long as you explain that the 2A doesn't apply on private property.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    You really think Walmart would be down for that? "Letting" people OC in the store cuz that's the law is one thing, tacitly "advocating" such by giving you the OC to put up a booth, seems kind of a stretch for any company. Hope it works for ya tho.
    They let the 'legalize marijuana' group do it....as well as the anarchists... If they can, we sure as hell should be... I'll go in today and ask...

I'll be watching this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by .45ACPaddy View Post
    I just realized you changed your username. You're not original no mo, you ain't cool!!!

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

He's too cool for a glock now...

Quote Originally Posted by .45ACPaddy View Post
    Talked to a manager...

They're 'required' to host people with petitions, which is why they had the 'legalize marijuana' people out there...

If it's for profit, a form needs to be filled out.

Any other organization request is at the store managers discretion.

I was promised a call from the store manager tomorrow, so we'll see...

Theoretically we could force them by using their own rules against them, by starting a petition for xyz, but I don't wanna do that, creates bad blood..

Let's petition for repealing CPL requirements!

There are a lot of things that can be brought up for you to petition for. Just print out something official looking and say you are going to petition the legislature on behalf of the people who sign and support the cause.

bob

How about a petition for this?...It would be pretty cool to go to the council with a list of Lacey citizens and their support, instead of our solo attempts, and raise our profile as the good guys.

"Open Lacey Parks for free access"

Repeal rule:

B: 8 of the Lacey parks rules:

http://www-stage.newci.lacey.wa.us/c...egulations-all

Quote Originally Posted by BobR View Post
    There are a lot of things that can be brought up for you to petition for. Just print out something official looking and say you are going to petition the legislature on behalf of the people who sign and support the cause.

bob
    Last edited by jt59; 09-01-2010 at 09:30 AM.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

......and a question....it states in the heading under section "B" that if you do any of the long list, you are, "subject to a civil fine of up to $100.00:

Which is a ticket for a civil infraction (due and payable), like a parking ticket?...How are these means for violations also covered in the state rule?

comments?

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Ummmm.... yeah..... that would be a good one.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

Fined

So what is your legal recourse in the event you are fined by the enforcement of rule B.8?

I'm going with the court appearance...

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Take it to court and request the charges/fine be dropped because the regulation is in violation of RCW 9.41.290. Then find a lawyer who will push for a lawsuit against the Parks and Recreation Department and/or City of Lacey. I don't know what the process is for filing charges against the city for violating RCW 9A.36.070, that is a criminal violation.

The citation you would receive for the $100 fine would be just like a traffic ticket. You could elect to send in the $100 and be done with it or ask for a court appearance.

Sign me up!

Check your PM
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by jt59 View Post
    ......and a question....it states in the heading under section "B" that if you do any of the long list, you are, "subject to a civil fine of up to $100.00:

Which is a ticket for a civil infraction (due and payable), like a parking ticket?...How are these means for violations also covered in the state rule?

comments?

Well, I just learned something.

Yup,

Now go have a look under the Bonney lake in the que, thread.....same kind of deal....

GROSS Misdemeanor

go figure...

Quote Originally Posted by tony d tiger View Post
    Well, I just learned something.

I'm going to bump this.

I am really interested to see if there is anything coming of this yet. I know, with Walmart everything is touch and go. Just making sure it's known there is interest. Thanks
    Last edited by Deleted_User; 09-02-2010 at 10:45 PM.

Hopefully they go for it.

Bump. Any info?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast