• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC info table @ Lacey Walmart.

TechnoWeenie

Lacey Walmart allows groups to host a table for a day, on the weekends, with approval from management... It'll be outside, at the main entrance...

I need a few volunteers to sit/stand at said table with information.. and willing to be POLITE, regardless of any clowns that might try to harass you.. You'll probably be answering questions all day, and an interaction with police is all but guaranteed, but Lacey PD is well informed of the law and shouldn't pose a problem....

PM me if you can help out around sep 18th, 25th or October 2nd(or thereabouts)

OrangeIsTrouble

PM G22paddy, he needs a taste of his own medicine (har har har). I might be in for this, but I won't know til later this month how my schedule will go.

Metalhead47

You really think Walmart would be down for that? "Letting" people OC in the store cuz that's the law is one thing, tacitly "advocating" such by giving you the OC to put up a booth, seems kind of a stretch for any company. Hope it works for ya tho.

.45ACPaddy

Heck, if the Church of Scientology can sit there and peddle Dianetics to the public, we ought to be able to "peddle" the bill of rights! Equal opportunity, am I right? ;)

I'm up for sitting at a table and telling people what their rights are. Give me the time and place, and I'll see about making it there!

69Charger

Bet ya a BUCK ( $1.00)
They (wally world) ask you not to.

Dave

Trigger Dr

Explain that the table would be for CIVIL RIGHTS AS ENUMERATED IN THE U.S. CONSTITUTION, then as you OC, the focus would be on 2A.

TechnoWeenie

You really think Walmart would be down for that? "Letting" people OC in the store cuz that's the law is one thing, tacitly "advocating" such by giving you the OC to put up a booth, seems kind of a stretch for any company. Hope it works for ya tho.

They let the 'legalize marijuana' group do it....as well as the anarchists... If they can, we sure as hell should be... I'll go in today and ask...

TechnoWeenie

I'll be watching this thread...

Talked to a manager...

They're 'required' to host people with petitions, which is why they had the 'legalize marijuana' people out there...

If it's for profit, a form needs to be filled out.

Any other organization request is at the store managers discretion.

I was promised a call from the store manager tomorrow, so we'll see...

Theoretically we could force them by using their own rules against them, by starting a petition for xyz, but I don't wanna do that, creates bad blood..

BobR

There are a lot of things that can be brought up for you to petition for. Just print out something official looking and say you are going to petition the legislature on behalf of the people who sign and support the cause.

bob

jt59

How about a petition for this?...It would be pretty cool to go to the council with a list of Lacey citizens and their support, instead of our solo attempts, and raise our profile as the good guys.

"Open Lacey Parks for free access"

Repeal rule:

B: 8 of the Lacey parks rules:

http://www-stage.newci.lacey.wa.us/...unicipal-parks/park-rules-and-regulations-all

There are a lot of things that can be brought up for you to petition for. Just print out something official looking and say you are going to petition the legislature on behalf of the people who sign and support the cause.

bob

Last edited:

jt59

......and a question....it states in the heading under section "B" that if you do any of the long list, you are, "subject to a civil fine of up to $100.00:

Which is a ticket for a civil infraction (due and payable), like a parking ticket?...How are these means for violations also covered in the state rule?

comments?

Ummmm.... yeah..... that would be a good one.

jt59

I'm going with the court appearance...

Take it to court and request the charges/fine be dropped because the regulation is in violation of RCW 9.41.290. Then find a lawyer who will push for a lawsuit against the Parks and Recreation Department and/or City of Lacey. I don't know what the process is for filing charges against the city for violating RCW 9A.36.070, that is a criminal violation.

The citation you would receive for the $100 fine would be just like a traffic ticket. You could elect to send in the $100 and be done with it or ask for a court appearance.