• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brown Co OC Coffe clutch Club?

J.Gleason

Banned
Excellent idea there Mr. Gleason. We all ready have that set up. www.wisconsincarry.org

People can sign up, they can download/print membership apps and pamphlets.

In addition, Nik@wisconsincarry.org Hubert@wisconsincarry.org Auric@wisconsincarry.org are all on the site as well. Feel free to direct any questions to the executive committee and we will answer as quick as possible.
http://www.wisconsincarry.org

I did not see a link anywhere on the WCI site for a hotline. I understand you can email through the site, but a hotline would help people who are pressed for time and may need an answer asap. Email is great but sometimes talking to a person helps much more. Anyways it was just a suggestion not trying to undermind what you have set up already.

Last edited:

Wisconsin Carry Inc.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I did not see a link anywhere on the WCI site for a hotline. I understand you can email through the site, but a hotline would help people who are pressed for time and may need an answer asap. Email is great but sometimes talking to a person helps much more. Anyways it was just a suggestion not trying to undermind what you have set up already.

J:

I try to pass out the business card at every event, if I don't then Auric or Nik does if they are there. My number (cell) is also in the signature and I will respond to it usually within 1/2 hour if I can.

Never thought of it as "undermining," rather as a constructive suggestion about having contact information more readily available. Any individual, member or no, can feel free to contact me anytime.

Last edited:

Jason in WI

So if I have read the thread right, possible meeting in Depere sometime between now and the first week of October with a Starbucks store as the leading location?

Is this Coffee klatsch going to be a recurring event, monthly maybe? That's a bit far of a drive for coffee for me every month but, I'd try really hard to make the first one to meet you guys.

Having a big event with tons of people and media is cool and all, but when McX started the SE WI coffee meet it was just a few people and that was fine too. I don't look at it as going to an "Open Carry Event" every month, I look forward to hanging out and learning from a good group of people that I consider friends. If we educate the public in the process that's just a bonus to me.
I'm mentioning this because in my short time here I've seen a a lot of these get togethers get started but never come about, possibly because it might seem like an overwhelming task to get something started.

So if you local guys pick a date and location I will do my best to be there.

........next to Five guys burgers and fries
Thanks for reminding me about Five Guys! I mentioned in another thread that Five Guys might be a good meet location. I was only in one once and unfortunately unarmed so I don't know if they are OC friendly. The one I went to had a large open dining area and a big outdoor patio, I'm not sure if they are all setup that way. And the food was good!

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
How about Saturday, October 2nd @ noon ? It gives people enough time to plan for it. 10 am is too early for those driving any distance.

I would say, Five guys Burgers, would be a better location...as they have food. I would say a lunch OC Gathering would be better than sitting around drinking coffee. my .02 cents

Last edited:

ckmorley

are you referring to the Starbucks off of 41 on Oneida street ? next to Five guys burgers and fries ? that's in Ashwaubenon not DePere

Yup, I stopped in there today while my GF and I were running errands in GB.

While I was there, I checked out parking availability. There's plenty of it.

Green Bay-Oneida St & Ramada Way
Starbucks Coffee Company
2883 S. Oneida St.
Ashwaubenon, WI 54304 US

Does this location sound good ???

Chris Morley

ckmorley

We seem to have agreement about the location so far.
How about a date ?
I'd vote for october 3rd (sunday).

Also, who will be contacting starbucks, etc. ?
I have a poor phone voice and would hate to be misunderstood.
How about media ? I can contact the Press Gazette and local TV via email if someone else doesn't want that particular job.

chris morley

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
We seem to have agreement about the location so far.
How about a date ?
I'd vote for october 3rd (sunday).

Also, who will be contacting starbucks, etc. ?
I have a poor phone voice and would hate to be misunderstood.
How about media ? I can contact the Press Gazette and local TV via email if someone else doesn't want that particular job.

chris morley

I was not arguing.
Sunday October 3rd, works great !
noonish ?
I vote for a food joint ( five guys, is a nice big place )- & I don't drink coffee.
I would say, not informing the media, why make a circus out of it.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

I would say, not informing the media, why make a circus out of it.

We notified the media in Delavan and no circus was made unless you count the small post event flare-up between iCarry and WCI.

I think a pre-notice in the press would help bring closet OC'ers out in the open. There were numerous people in Delavan that never heard of OCDO, WCI, iCarry or any other group who saw the event in the newspaper and came by. One guy had his gun in his truck and after he saw that it wasn't a joke and that cops weren't dragging us away by the bus load, he went to his truck and 'suited up'.

It is up to the organizers but I would give thumbs up. I even had notified the TV stations but none of them showed.

J.Gleason

Banned
J:

I try to pass out the business card at every event, if I don't then Auric or Nik does if they are there. My number (cell) is also in the signature and I will respond to it usually within 1/2 hour if I can.

Never thought of it as "undermining," rather as a constructive suggestion about having contact information more readily available. Any individual, member or no, can feel free to contact me anytime.

OK thanks for making things more clear. A half hour response time is pretty good since there isn't a phone that is manned around the clock.