• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reason to carry?

ayce2

Wow I'm having a fun week. 2 posts a new record for me! Last night my favorite girlfriend and I (wife) went for our walk around the block. I always carry on this walk but it is no big statement; we are out in the country and if we see one other person it is an event. We are about to complete the loop ,1/4 mile left, and I point out 4 deer standing in a field on a hill above our house. All of a sudden they scatter and we get to watch a dark grey 4 legged creature chase them. A lone wolf close to my digs!

Last edited:
M

McX

reasons to carry?Hmmmmm.............my current list, subject to your evaluation and approval;

wife's former friends who tried to wreck my marriage, and have threatened to get me

former friends of mine who went to the 'dark side'

criminals i have testified against and are now back out on the streets

criminal element intrenched in our society

criminal element present in proximity to our shop

former drug running co-workers

protection of myself, my family, and my property

advancement of open carry rights

i think that about covers it, valid enough?

added on edit; almost forgot one! to be a social irritant to the leftists, and narrow minded government 'employees'

Last edited:

protias

I need a reason? Ok, I'll give one:

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Krusty

Reason to Carry

When I joined the Army in 1970 I took an oath to "protect and defend against all enemies both foreign and domestic".

I don't remember anything about an expiration date. So it is STILL my sworn duty to Protect and Defend And there are more than enough domestic enemies to go around.

Other than that, if I don't look after myself, who will? It is not the legal responsibility of the cops to protect me 24/7/365.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Reason to carry?

It's my six and no one else is responsible for it. :exclaim:

Good enough?