• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Privacy

icepik

If the forum rules do not allow multiple accounts, so be it.

However, I see too much complaining and arguing with Doug on here.

I start to read a thread about a specific topic, get to a post from Doug, then the tangent of complaining and arguing ensues, then, if I'm lucky, I find a post about 10 or 15 later that get back on track to the original topic. It's rather annoying.

While you may not agree with what Doug has to say, and I admit, I've seen some things I don't agree with, so be it. I have not however, spent hours posting replies in some thread to argue with him and added 2 or 3 pages of nonsense to an otherwise useful topic.

We are all here in support of the same end-game.

While we all seem to be in support of the 2nd amendment, many of us appear to have forgotten about the other amendments...freedom of speech ring a bell?

You may not agree with someones comment on here, and posting your complaint is well within your rights of freedom of speech as well, I'm simply asking you to think before you post.

There are some of us who just wish to read the threads for the topic that they are about, and not have to take a break from the topic to read about some e-pee pee match.

I would hope that Doug never gets banned from this forum for speaking his mind, as I would never wish that upon any other member either. If someone violates a rule of this forum, then by all means, ban away.

Also remember, there are new members here all the time as well as public officials, newspapers, etc... that read this forum. Do we want to scare the newbies away, or make it look like we're a bunch of teenagers fighting over a piece of the playground at school?

Just think before you post. You're only adding to the mess that some of us need to sift through to get the information that we wish to just hurry and read and then get to bed.

Last edited:

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
"This message is hidden because Xxxxxxxx is on your ignore list."

While you may not agree with what Doug has to say, and I admit, I've seen some things I don't agree with, so be it. I have not however, spent hours posting replies in some thread to argue with him and added 2 or 3 pages of nonsense to an otherwise useful topic.
Also remember, there are new members here all the time as well as public officials, newspapers, etc... that read this forum. Do we want to scare the newbies away, or make it look like we're a bunch of teenagers fighting over a piece of the playground at school?

Just think before you post. You're only adding to the mess that some of us need to sift through to get the information that we wish to just hurry and read and then get to bed.

Nicely put and my feelings exactly. I highly recommend using the "Ignore List" feature of the forum. It's amazing how much shorter, more on topic, and less contentious the forum is without the trolls' postings.

BROKENSPROKET

Until I see it in John's words in his own post then I will refrain from thinking he would divulge that information.

I do not support any effort to have Doug banned from this forum. He is a valued member and has contributed enormously to the cause. Even if some people don't like him.

I am sick of hearing about sock puppets. Let's get over it already.

I agree 100%