Thread: belt shim/spacer

belt shim/spacer

My holster's belt loop attachment is wider than my belt. Does anybody have any experience improvising a sturdy and effective shim or spacer?

I run into this often as my dress carry belts are half the width of my normal, every day carry belt. But honestly I've never thought twice about it. My holsters still sit snugly where they are intended to be.

In fact, ALL of my holsters would be too big for my belts if I didn't usually wear a 1.5-inch Galco belt... it fills up everything.

If it really bugs you, try folding up a piece of leather or suede around that part of your belt and see if it snugs it up for you?

I suggest a dedicated gun belt to go over your pants belt. Get one of whatever size you need for your favorite holster. It eliminates daily gun handling, and eliminates the majority of the hassle. Just one belt that doesn't have to be put through any loops, and you're good to go.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

I took the spacer out of my Blade-Tech holster and dremeled my COM holster to fit. Now it's tight, zero slop as I draw. When I integrate the holster belt loops around the pant belt loop, it's rock solid.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    I suggest a dedicated gun belt to go over your pants belt. Get one of whatever size you need for your favorite holster. It eliminates daily gun handling, and eliminates the majority of the hassle. Just one belt that doesn't have to be put through any loops, and you're good to go.
    Do you have any recommendations on a dedicated gun belt? Right now my holster fits snugly on my 5.11 belt, but it's a pain putting the holster and mag and flashlight pouches on and off when I change pants. It would be handy to have a dedicated gun/accessory belt that I could simply wear over my dress belts, but I don't have a good feel for where to shop or what to look for.

Any suggestions?