• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

belt shim/spacer

daddy4count

I run into this often as my dress carry belts are half the width of my normal, every day carry belt. But honestly I've never thought twice about it. My holsters still sit snugly where they are intended to be.

In fact, ALL of my holsters would be too big for my belts if I didn't usually wear a 1.5-inch Galco belt... it fills up everything.

If it really bugs you, try folding up a piece of leather or suede around that part of your belt and see if it snugs it up for you?

Michigander

I suggest a dedicated gun belt to go over your pants belt. Get one of whatever size you need for your favorite holster. It eliminates daily gun handling, and eliminates the majority of the hassle. Just one belt that doesn't have to be put through any loops, and you're good to go.

Yard Sale

I took the spacer out of my Blade-Tech holster and dremeled my COM holster to fit. Now it's tight, zero slop as I draw. When I integrate the holster belt loops around the pant belt loop, it's rock solid.

SAvage410

Any suggestions?

I suggest a dedicated gun belt to go over your pants belt. Get one of whatever size you need for your favorite holster. It eliminates daily gun handling, and eliminates the majority of the hassle. Just one belt that doesn't have to be put through any loops, and you're good to go.
Do you have any recommendations on a dedicated gun belt? Right now my holster fits snugly on my 5.11 belt, but it's a pain putting the holster and mag and flashlight pouches on and off when I change pants. It would be handy to have a dedicated gun/accessory belt that I could simply wear over my dress belts, but I don't have a good feel for where to shop or what to look for.

Any suggestions?