• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Clarification of NC prohibited carry locations

1CITIZEN

Assuming hurricanes won't prevent it, I will be traveling from Virginia to the Outer Banks in mid-September. To prevent potentially breaking any North Carolina law, I would like to get some clarification regarding NC prohibited carry locations.
First, let me state this question applies to concealed carry, not open carry. Let me also state I have no problem with others open carrying. However, I am a rather reserved person and do not want to be involved in a potential confrontation with "anti's". One of the "anti's" is my wife; if she doesn't know I am carrying I have already avoided a confrontation.
Anyway, I have reviewed the NC laws regarding prohibited carry, and I am hoping someone can clarify the meaning of two of the prohibited locations.
One of the prohibited locations is "assemblies where an entrance fee is charged"; does this apply to movie theaters?
The other location is "where alcoholic beverages are sold or consumed". In Virginia, beer and wine are sold in supermarkets, 7-11's, gas stations, etc. I don't know how beer and wine are sold in North Carolina, but is there any chance I would be breaking the law by entering supermarkets, 7-11's, gas stations, etc?
Any info on these locations, or any other tidbits of useful information, will be greatly appreciated.

78 Camaro

Welcome to NC... No carry in the Movie theater. You can carry in those other places you mentioned. You can not carry in locations that serve booze, Sell & consume. Gas stations etc just sell, no drinking at those locations.
unfortunately my gun spends half its life in the lock box in the car because of the restrictions.