• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FBI Agents Behaving Badly in Texas

Wc

By Allan Lengel, Contributor, 8/31/2010

FBI agents deal with trouble. That's what they do for a living.
Snip...

So far, El Paso FBI agent John Shipley, 40, has taken the hardest hit among the troubled Texas agents. Last week, he was sentenced to two years in prison for illegally selling more than $118,000 worth of guns without a license and lying to agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives about the sales while he was still with the FBI.

A federal jury convicted him in April after less than three hours of deliberation.

ATF agents had arrested Shipley last year after tracing back to him a .50-caliber rifle that was used in a drug cartel shootout in Chihuahua, Mexico. Court records show that between 2005 and 2008, he posted at least 280 firearms for sale on just one site alone, GunBroker.com.

And speaking of Chihuahuas, FBI agent Lovett Leslie Ledger Jr., who was detailed to the Waco FBI, was dismissed from his job near the end of 2009 after he shot and killed a neighbor's 3-pound Chihuahua dog with a pellet rifle in 2008. The dog, named Sassy, belonged to a girl down the street.

He pleaded no contest last summer to felony animal cruelty and was placed on two years' probation and ordered to serve 300 hours of community service.

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/articl...o-trouble-in-separate-cases-in-texas/19615782

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Bwahahahahahahahahahaaa!!

I can't wait for the US Attorney General to start agitating again about guns from America contributing to deaths in Mexico.

Oh, Eric? Mr. Holder? It seems your Department of [strike]In[/strike]Justice had its own pipeline directly into Mexico while you were pointing fingers at legitimate gun owners.

Seems there was a little more going on than just avoiding prosecuting Black Panther voter intimidators.

Haaaahahahahahahahahahaaahahahaaaa!

I hope Dave Workman and SAF get on this.

KBCraig

Having read the other side of the story, I am convinced that John Shipley was an honest and avid shooter and collector. He sold some guns to finance the adoption of his children. The .50 BMG rifle that was traced from Mexico, had passed through several legal hands after he sold it, before it was used in a crime.

The "$118,000 slush fund" of "profit" he made selling 1 gun a month, turns out to have been less than $900 a year.

http://www.shipleylegalfund.com/

ATF and FBI are having a vicious turf war. I believe Shipley was caught in the crossfire.

Last edited:

Brimstone Baritone

Thanks for posting that KBCraig. I sincerely hope that the truth comes out, whatever that truth is, but I wouldn't be surprised if the government buries this and we never hear one way or another.

Gunslinger

By Allan Lengel, Contributor, 8/31/2010

FBI agents deal with trouble. That's what they do for a living.
Snip...

So far, El Paso FBI agent John Shipley, 40, has taken the hardest hit among the troubled Texas agents. Last week, he was sentenced to two years in prison for illegally selling more than $118,000 worth of guns without a license and lying to agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives about the sales while he was still with the FBI.

A federal jury convicted him in April after less than three hours of deliberation.

ATF agents had arrested Shipley last year after tracing back to him a .50-caliber rifle that was used in a drug cartel shootout in Chihuahua, Mexico. Court records show that between 2005 and 2008, he posted at least 280 firearms for sale on just one site alone, GunBroker.com.

And speaking of Chihuahuas, FBI agent Lovett Leslie Ledger Jr., who was detailed to the Waco FBI, was dismissed from his job near the end of 2009 after he shot and killed a neighbor's 3-pound Chihuahua dog with a pellet rifle in 2008. The dog, named Sassy, belonged to a girl down the street.

He pleaded no contest last summer to felony animal cruelty and was placed on two years' probation and ordered to serve 300 hours of community service.

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/articl...o-trouble-in-separate-cases-in-texas/19615782

COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: LEO Bashing

Gunslinger

COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: LEO Bashing

Hanssen was a traitor. The fbi killed innocent women and children in Waco and at Ruby Ridge. The fbi has recently been a hotbed of theft for laptops and firearms. Hoover wore dresses. None of this is "LEO bashing." It is historical fact. Are all agents scumbags? Of course not. Is the agency tainted by the above historical facts? You bet your ass they are.

zack991

Kinda of reminds me of this scene that the feds will go after "some people" and will allow others to get away with it. As long there is a freelancer out there who is willing the supply to groups that the US cant be seen selling too. Once that freelancer is no longer a needed middle man the ATF and FBI will go after them to make an escape goat out of them. They will say look we stopped a evil person only after their usefulness is used up. Same could be easily said for the DEA and war on drugs.The biggest drug and weapon dealers is the US government and how dare anyone try to take a piece of that from them. Was this the case here? who knows we will only know what they release out as fact. When ever the ATF is put out in a story as catching a person i am immediately questioning of anything they say as well as being a unconstitutional organization

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTK8torOylM

Last edited: