• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who was detained in Lansing today?

ElectricianLU58

if you ARE BEING DETAINED you will know it and not need to ask. JUST WALK AWAY. If he runs up to you and stands in your way, then you are being detained. If you try to walk away and he gets in your way or physically stops you, well you know!

If your at a park and not doing anything wrong, and you are a hardcore wash rinse repeat, why are you even making contact. Just ignore the LEO! The LEO will either detain you or watch you leave.

i would not "JUST WALK AWAY" because i would not want a resisting arrest charge or worse. at this point i only feel comfortable asking if i am being detained. i feel it is the safest legal way to deal with a police officer.