• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AB1934 is dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JJ

Yea, she removed the option to allow posts' to her "wall" back in April when we started slamming her hard for being a paranoid, anti-american, anti-gun, anti-rights, anti-constitution, D-bag.

But you gotta love that picture.

OPS MARINE

Pics Pics Pics!

1934REREFER.jpg
Vote to Re-Refer Bill to the Senate Committee. Take note that even Fiona Ma votes "No."
secondmotion.jpg
Second to the Motion. Notice once again that Fiona Ma votes "No."

Mr. Calderon moves to pass on this Bill, and Fiona asks if there will be any objections...
confusedsaldana.jpg
A confused Saldana stating that "I believe the Motion is out of order. You cannot pass on a Bill we are currently debating."
firstface.jpg
First face Ma makes when telling Saldana "The Motion to Pass temporarily is in order."
firstface.jpg
This face toward Saldana (while waiting for her to scramble in effed-upness) tells me Fiona meant what she said...with a little oomph.
IMG%5D
IMG%5D
saldefeat.jpg
Second to the motion to Suspend the Rules. Note here that Ma votes "Aye" to aid in the defeat of Saldana.

Please click on the smaller photos to enlarge them.

Last edited:

Gundude

Email I recieved

Dear Friends:

As you may know, the 2009-2010 legislative session ended on August 31st, at midnight. As a fellow supporter of our Second Amendment right to bear arms, I wanted to be sure and keep you updated on a few important bills that we were all watching this session.

FAILED: AB 1810, which would require California residents to register their shotguns and rifles in addition to their handguns, and would require law enforcement to permanently keep records of anyone who buys a gun from a dealer or an individual.

Though this bill passed out of the Assembly, the Senate failed to gain enough votes of support before the 12:00am deadline.

More Information: http://blogs.sacbee.com/capitolalertlatest/2010/08/bill-requiring-shotgun-and-rif.html

FAILED: AB 1934, which would make it an offense to carry firearms openly in holsters.

This bill went through many revisions. Though it initially passed out of the Assembly and then the Senate with amendments, the Assembly failed to approve these amendments before the 12:00am deadline.

More Information: http://www.sacbee.com/2010/09/01/2998092/assembly-session-ends-in-acrimony.html

FAILED: AB 2223, which would prohibit the possession or use of any shotgun shell loaded with anything other than nontoxic shot when hunting.

This bill passed through the Assembly but failed to get through the Senate Natural Resources and Water Committee.

I want to extend my deepest gratitude to all of you who continue to fight for our 2nd amendment rights. It is because of your support and resolve that we were able to rally to defeat these harmful proposals. It is outrageous that these kinds of bills are even being considered. We need to focus our efforts on strengthening the economy and creating jobs, not punishing and regulating law abiding citizens.

Please continue to spread the word and educate others when our basic rights are challenged. Together, we can prevail. I will not give up the fight to protect our basic rights and I hope you will also continue this cause. Thank you for your support.

It is an honor to serve you.

Sincerely,

Assemblyman Curt Hagman
District 60

Chrisc411

I just had to watch the video again seeing her say "i think its out of order to pass on this bill" and then being shot down "No its in order" :) Saldana how does your foot taste?

Nick Justice

Not that I don't like what happened, but...

Some other "lawmaker" can reintroduce the bill when the new session starts.

I'm also very happy that the long gun registration bill failed, as well as the shotgun ammo bill.

sasha601

Hi, I am in Michigan. We have one of the most active OC communities in the Nation and one of the most active sections on this forum. We are following developments in California with a lot of interest. It is fantastic news that OC ban in California is dead. Keep on a good fight!

coolusername2007

Hi, I am in Michigan. We have one of the most active OC communities in the Nation and one of the most active sections on this forum. We are following developments in California with a lot of interest. It is fantastic news that OC ban in California is dead. Keep on a good fight!

I visited your state recently, and despite my best efforts I didn't see anyone OC'ing. :(

sasha601

Even in the states where OC is more common (such as Arizona), you would not always see people OC. Percentage of people OC at every given time is very low, even in most active states. I was trying to point out that we have very active OC organization in Michigan. We made a lot of progress in the last couple of years to make general population aware about legality of OC in Michigan. We also made law enforcement much more aware about OC. Negative encounters with law enforcement are much less likely today than a year or two ago.

I also wanted to point out that we are very aware about OC struggles in California. We are very happy that OC ban is dead.

vofsar

How did they vote?

The Republicans tied it up enough for the Assembly to pass on it. It never got voted on. They didnt get back to it before the midnight deadline. Chuck DeVore declared it dead.

How did they vote? Does anyone one have a list or a link that I could go to? I understand it was a compromise between opponents and supporters, to not tie up time on the bill.

March Hare

Just a quick note from your neighbors in AZ, CONGRATULATIONS!

Another step back towards freedom, way to go!

Keep the pressure on them, they'll slowly give way.

-MH

Walt_Kowalski

Yea, she removed the option to allow posts' to her "wall" back in April when we started slamming her hard for being a paranoid, anti-american, anti-gun, anti-rights, anti-constitution, D-bag.

But you gotta love that picture.

You can still post on her page without her approval.. use the tagging feature.

Explained here:
http://blog.facebook.com/blog.php?post=109765592130

set this as your status: Your attempt to limit Americans freedoms has failed @Lori Saldaña