• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Garand Match (other rifles welcome) Fairfax Rod & Gun – Sept. 18

W.E.G.

[FONT=&quot]Garand Match (other rifles welcome) Fairfax Rod & Gun – Sept. 18[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John C. Garand Match, Saturday September, 18[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Register at the Benson range at 8:00am, squadding at 8:30, firing begins at 9:00. The entry fee is $10.00, 50% of the entry fees will be returned as awards. Award amounts and categories will be commensurate with the number of entries. Competitors may use any “as-issued” U.S. service rifle including the M1 Garand, M1903 Springfield, M1917 Enfield, M1941 Johnson or .30 Cal. M1 Carbine. Rifles must have standard stocks and be equipped with military-type web or leather slings. COURSE OF FIRE – 45 rounds total, 5 sighting shots and 40 shots for record, fired at the 200-yard line on the SR1 target. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]STAGE 1, 5 sighting shots and 10 shots for record, prone position, slow fire, time limit 15 minutes. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stage 2, 10 shots for record, prone, rapid fire, time limit of 80 seconds. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stage 3, 10 shots for record, sitting or kneeling, rapid fire, time limit 70 seconds. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stage 4, 10 shots for record, standing position, slow fire, time limit 10 minutes. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NOTE: Ammo will NOT be provided. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Questions? Need more information? E-mail: Alan Willard arwillard@comcast.net or Tom Edmonston edmonston.tom@hotmail.com

Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 7:09 PM
Subject: Garand/Springfield/Vintage Rifle Match - Sat. 9/18 FXR&GC

Folks;

I have received a bunch of e-mails and some phone calls inquiring about the Garand match at Fairfax Rod & Gun Club on Saturday, Sept. 18. So, I am sending you the match information earlier than usual. The match bulletin is attached.

Here is some information that you should know:

* This match is open to all - you do NOT have to be a member of Fairfax Rod & Gun Club to shoot this match
* Registration begins at 8:00am, squadding is at 8:30, please be on time
* Bring your own ammo, ammo is not available and will NOT be provided
* The entry fee is $10 as usual
* 50% of the entry fees will be returned as prizes ($)
* There will be two categories eligible for awards ($), as-issued Garands and Vintage military rifles
* If your Garand is glass-bedded, has a national match barrel or sights etc. you may compete as "out of competition" i.e. you are shooting for fun and are ineligible for awards ($)
* All firing will be on the SR1 target for all 4 stages
* The first stage is 5 sighting shots in any position and 10 shots for record in the prone position - see the attached bulletin for info regarding the subsequent 3 stages
* There will be no sighting shots between stages, only the first 5 shots during the first stage - see above
* There will be NO alibis or re-fires
* Scoring will be done in the pits
* If you do not have a Garand or Vintage rifle to shoot, you will be permitted to shoot your AR or whatever, but you are ineligible for awards ($)
* Food and potable water is NOT available at the range, bring snacks and drinks
* All competitors and observers MUST wear eye and ear protection during live fire
* Bring a staple gun for replacing targets

* Please bring exact change
* Please bring a good attitude and be prepared to have fun!

I will send out a reminder e-mail about a week before the match.

If you have any questions, shoot me an e-mail at: arwillard@comcast.net

See you there,
Alan Willard