• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ab 1934

leoffensive

so i awoke this morning and saw via a facebook page (anti ab 1934 page) post that ab 1934 bit the big one. i think we are in order for a celebratory BBQ?

anyone interested?

slowfiveoh

For sure! Maybe outside Saldana's offices?

Oh god am I fighting the urge to take a few sick days and come down with you guys...:banana:

CONGRATULATIONS GUYS!

California has not fallen 1 step farther back in the race for Constitutional carry. :cool:

KS_to_CA

Thank you notes

Do we have a list of legislators to thank? Please post the names.

IMHO, we need to be as intense in our "thanks'" to these individuals. Send them personal thank you cards, call, fax. Then call again. Thank you cards don't cost more than $5.00. A small price for their efforts, and our rights.

I am sure they will remember the gesture. Until next time.

What's preventing someone from trying to "resurrect" this next legislative season on the grounds that "it was not actually defeated by a vote but rather by technicality" kind of mentality?

Anyway, cards they can hold in their hands would be nice.

Gundude

BBQ in Alpine

I can reserve the rec area here in Alpine again. Pick a day and let me know if anyone is interested and I'll start a new thread.
There is, for your pleasure, a nice swimming pool, pool tables, poker tables, two huge shade trees, BBQ equipment, and lots of parking. For the food, let's make it potluck.

Last edited:

Devilinbp

Thanks Gundude, i am good for both Saturday and Sunday this coming weekend. Everyone else chime in. I wonder if it would be a good idea to invite our local state assembly and senate reps that voted NO on those three bills, to our little BBQ as a thank-you.

Gundude

Thanks Gundude, i am good for both Saturday and Sunday this coming weekend. Everyone else chime in. I wonder if it would be a good idea to invite our local state assembly and senate reps that voted NO on those three bills, to our little BBQ as a thank-you.

I might post this on Calguns too. lol
EDIT: Just an afterthought. I could invite Lori too.

Last edited:

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
I'm sure they'll write a piece about how this is a victory for them just like they did with the McDonald decision...

Yes,.. in my view it would have to start off like...

[spin]"Thanks to the efforts of the Brady Campaign to End Gun Violence we narrowly averted enacting legislation that would have led to MORE people carrying LOADED guns in California"...[/spin]

Ironically, the only distortion is in who put a stop to it, not the predicted result.