• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wth.....

crdonov

So I was trying to look up if Maine had any restrictions on types of firearms you could carry such as magazine capacity. And I stumbled across this.

http://www.center-fire.com/gunlaws/maine.htm

^ Really? REALLY?

Figured some one might find this amusing.

if i were you, a properly holstered handgun if your best bet! maine doesnt have any restrictions on what kind of firearm you carry. i carry a firearm that holds 16+1! hope this helped

xd-over

ep0k

What goes through someone's mind when purchasing this?

"Hmm, I have a CWP because I don't want people to know I carry a gun. But I wish there was some way to advertise that I'm hiding a gun in my jacket. I know, I'll buy this idiotic looking badge!"

Why not just, you know, OPEN CARRY and skip the badge.

crdonov

What goes through someone's mind when purchasing this?

"Hmm, I have a CWP because I don't want people to know I carry a gun. But I wish there was some way to advertise that I'm hiding a gun in my jacket. I know, I'll buy this idiotic looking badge!"

Why not just, you know, OPEN CARRY and skip the badge.

RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

xd-over

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
CWP badges are just a gimmick.

A badge implies that you have "authority". A CWP gives you no authority. It gives you permission to carry a concealed weapon...2 different things. Some states actually have laws prohibiting the use of these badges. Wearing one is just asking for trouble.

crdonov

CWP badges are just a gimmick.

A badge implies that you have "authority". A CWP gives you no authority. It gives you permission to carry a concealed weapon...2 different things. Some states actually have laws prohibiting the use of these badges. Wearing one is just asking for trouble.

ya, i know! trying to have fun with this thread! we all know, you are not issued a badge when you get your concealed weapons permit! can we talk about more important things?

xd-over