• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dream Cruise Booth???

sprinklerguy28

It was do to the city not being able to issue a permit in time to setup, as well as the main area to set up was on county property who does not issue permits for use of that area. Also Target did not open that day so we could not set up inside which we would have had to do, due to the rain. So it was a variety of circumstances that led to us not setting up. Several of us were down there walking around and passing out information. We even had a good conversation with the mayor of Royal Oak.

Small Arms Collector

It was do to the city not being able to issue a permit in time to setup, as well as the main area to set up was on county property who does not issue permits for use of that area. Also Target did not open that day so we could not set up inside which we would have had to do, due to the rain. So it was a variety of circumstances that led to us not setting up. Several of us were down there walking around and passing out information. We even had a good conversation with the mayor of Royal Oak.

Are you sure there inability to issue a permit was not some kind of retribution? What was the mayors attitude, any word on the MLCC Nonsense?

sprinklerguy28

I'm positive that it was not done in a retaliatory manner. They had a special process to get permits for that day. I was unaware of this until the last minute. The clerk returned my call and said they could not process anything in time. So if there is any blame to be placed it should be placed on me for not handling it earlier in the year. The mayor approached us, took his hat off and welcomed us to the cruise. He said he didn't even know we were there and asked how long we had been there. We answered "a few hours". He then glanced at our pistols and said nobody mentioned us being there and maybe it wasn't a big deal after all. We small talked for awhile then shook hands and went our separate ways. I couldn't have asked for it to have gone any better.

Last edited: