Thread: Trip to Estes Park, Colorado

Trip to Estes Park, Colorado

Coming for a wedding to Estes park. Any information on open carry there. I am from Vegas with CCW from Nevada, Utah and Florida, which I can't use. I need help to know the rules. Thanks. Can I conceal in the car? Without being on me? Keep it in car without getting in trouble? Any advise could help.

Estes is our home away from home and I OC there all the time. Aside from an occasional double-take from a tourist I've never had a comment of any sort.
    Last edited by RockyMtnScotsman; 09-01-2010 at 09:13 PM.

Estes Park is a great city, and I too have OC'd there countless times without problems. And now that you can carry in National Parks, I wish I could go back and explore the area more than I did formerly!

Quote Originally Posted by denwego View Post
    Estes Park is a great city, and I too have OC'd there countless times without problems. And now that you can carry in National Parks, I wish I could go back and explore the area more than I did formerly!
    Can I leave the gun in the car in a gun vault? While I'm driving needs to be on me all the time?

You can have your gun in vehicle however you want...concealed, open, loaded, empty....it's totally your choice, no permit required for any sort of vehicle carry.

I was just at Estes Park and wow is it beautiful. That is probably a great place for a wedding. I didn't carry there so I really have no input here. But I will be moving to the area in a couple weeks and I'm sure I'll spend plenty of time carrying in Estes.
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

Your CC permits aren't good in CO if you're from NV. Those morons should work on reciprocity with us. Non-res aren't valid in CO. However, you should have no problem whatsoever with OC. Enjoy our state!.

Campaign Veteran
    I've never had an issue with OC in Estes Park or in Rocky Mountain National Park since the law changed. Happy OCing!

Thank you all for your time and info.