Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: California open carry victory BBQ celebration - Sat 4 SEP high noon

California open carry victory BBQ celebration - Sat 4 SEP high noon

Place: 2400 Alpine Blvd, Alpine, Ca.
    Date: Sat, Sept 4, 2010
    Time: High noon.
    Pot luck. Bring yer own ?
    Everyone is invited. All the Republicans who stood up for us, LEO's, termed out politicians, and anyone else you can think of.
    No RSVP, just show up

If there are any changes, I'll holler.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

So soon? Would love to come, but can't this weekend. Have a birthday party to attend and I'm picking up my new M&P .45 (damn you 10 day wait). Have fun.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

"Live Free or Die"

i will be there probably before noon with maybe a friend or two

Quote Originally Posted by wewd View Post
    So soon? Would love to come, but can't this weekend. Have a birthday party to attend and I'm picking up my new M&P .45 (damn you 10 day wait). Have fun.
    What? You lost some more guns in another boating accident and you are replenishing your arsenal. Happy birthday to whoever got older.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

I will be there.

I already have plans for the long weekend up at Bass Lake

Have a great time!

I contacted four of the local tv stations. Maybe they will show and we can get some good news coverage.
    Last edited by Gundude; 09-02-2010 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    I contacted four of the local tv stations. Maybe they will show and we can get some good news coverage.
    haha that would be kinda cool. i dont think id talk to them tho but it would be kinda cool. i hope more people show up than last time

Quote Originally Posted by leoffensive View Post
    haha that would be kinda cool. i dont think id talk to them tho but it would be kinda cool. i hope more people show up than last time
    I got an email response from ABC. They wanted my phone #. Waiting for a call back.

I got an email response from ABC. They wanted my phone #. Waiting for a call back.
    haha shut up! haha

Quote Originally Posted by leoffensive View Post
    haha shut up! haha
    Leo gonna be a tv star.

Founder's Club Member MudCamper's Avatar
    According to google maps, that's a 9 hour and 34 minute drive for me! Have fun guys.

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Looking into bringing the family. Is there anything for the youngens to do? You know swings, playground and such.

Quote Originally Posted by coolusername2007 View Post
    Looking into bringing the family. Is there anything for the youngens to do? You know swings, playground and such.
    ummm This is happening in a Senior Mobile home park rec area. There is a pool to soak them in. You might bring a rope to make a swing in the old oak tree. Horseshoe pits. Pool tables. Poker tables. Plenty of room for them to run. Maybe a soccer ball. We could play dodgeball and nail Leo.

ummm This is happening in a Senior Mobile home park rec area. There is a pool to soak them in. You might bring a rope to make a swing in the old oak tree. Horseshoe pits. Pool tables. Poker tables. Plenty of room for them to run. Maybe a soccer ball. We could play dodgeball and nail Leo.
    A pool is good. Give me the straight scoop, are there any cranky old fogies who don't like kids splashing in the pool?

And can we throw wrenches at Leo?

Quote Originally Posted by coolusername2007 View Post
    A pool is good. Give me the straight scoop, are there any cranky old fogies who don't like kids splashing in the pool?

And can we throw wrenches at Leo?
    I'm the crankiest one here...don't worry.
    We can use Leo for a stake in the horseshoe pit.
    You might come a little early, I think kids have to be out of the pool at 1pm. Leo said he is coming early too. I'll check with the manager on that.

Special note for everyone. Be sure and lock up coming into Alpine from Tavern Rd. There is a school there.

I'm the crankiest one here...don't worry.
    We can use Leo for a stake in the horseshoe pit.
    You might come a little early, I think kids have to be out of the pool at 1pm. Leo said he is coming early too. I'll check with the manager on that.

Special note for everyone. Be sure and lock up coming into Alpine from Tavern Rd. There is a school there.
    haha thanks for all the activity suggestions guys i feel loved. haha.

if they didnt want to lock up they could drive a bit further east to west willows and come from that way haha

Sounds cool, but I will be unable to attend I'm in Africa. I been on here a month and I would like to meet some of you cats. Alpine is close to me, I live in Mira Mesa.
    Last edited by El Guapo; 09-03-2010 at 11:33 AM.

Would love too...and just may...p

Confirmed. See you all tomorrow.

Thinking of bring fried chicken for 4-6 people. Anyone interested in trading up maybe for a burger or good hotdog...lol
    Last edited by PaleoCon; 09-03-2010 at 11:08 PM.

MMMmmmMMMM ive made salsa this morning and it has turned out yummy!

hope you guys like it. i held back on the hotness for you people who arent into food being spicey.

Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    Sounds cool, but I will be unable to attend I'm in Africa. I been on here a month and I would like to meet some of you cats. Alpine is close to me, I live in Mira Mesa.
    Darn, I was all set for an elephant burger......Oh well.

I'm not going to be able to make it after all, sorry fellas.

Local TV coverage

The Local San Diego ABC reporter showed up and did some interviews. They will be on the news special after the college football game and on the 11pm regular news. I will record them on my Windows media player. Also, show a link after the program airs. Matt, Leo and I were on camera. It will be my first time in front of a camera. Hopefully, I presented our case well. I'm the good guy in the white hat.

Here is the link to the news station. I don't know if they do a live feed.

http://www.10news.com/index.html
    Last edited by Gundude; 09-04-2010 at 09:26 PM.

It was a great small get-together and PaleoCon drove down with his wife from Los Angeles to join us in the festivities with a platter of good fried chicken. We had Carne Asada, smoked sausage, and Leo's homemade salsa as well. This was my first interview as well....hope the coverage turns out well. I know several others already had plans for this holiday weekend or we could have had a larger turnout.

Leo......feel free to spice it up with some heat next time......it was good as it was but we can handle it! :P

BBQ Pics

Here are some pics from the BBQ.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast