• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

California open carry victory BBQ celebration - Sat 4 SEP high noon

Gundude

Local TV coverage

The Local San Diego ABC reporter showed up and did some interviews. They will be on the news special after the college football game and on the 11pm regular news. I will record them on my Windows media player. Also, show a link after the program airs. Matt, Leo and I were on camera. :shocker: It will be my first time in front of a camera. Hopefully, I presented our case well. I'm the good guy in the white hat.

Here is the link to the news station. I don't know if they do a live feed.

http://www.10news.com/index.html

Last edited:

Devilinbp

It was a great small get-together and PaleoCon drove down with his wife from Los Angeles to join us in the festivities with a platter of good fried chicken. We had Carne Asada, smoked sausage, and Leo's homemade salsa as well. This was my first interview as well....hope the coverage turns out well. I know several others already had plans for this holiday weekend or we could have had a larger turnout.

Leo......feel free to spice it up with some heat next time......it was good as it was but we can handle it! :p

Devilinbp

I have the pics i took from the picnic......enjoy!

FamilyPictures281.jpg

FamilyPictures280.jpg

FamilyPictures279.jpg

FamilyPictures278.jpg

FamilyPictures277.jpg

FamilyPictures276.jpg

FamilyPictures275.jpg

FamilyPictures274.jpg

PaleoCon and his wife had not arrived yet and the channel 10 cameraman had already left when i took these. I think one of the others has more pics with them here.

Last edited:

coolusername2007

Not a bad video news story. Its great they highlighted the fact that Gundude talked about the prisoner releases. Looks like a good BBQ, sorry I couldn't make it out, I really wanted to.

Gundude

They left one part out. I said, "I think our legislators should take a college lever course covering the US Constitution, with emphasis on the Bill of Rights."

Palecon

Coolusername, you were missed. Nice time and some good food and company.

I agree with Devil Leo, good chili... bump up the heat just a little next time.

Gundude thx for the hospitality, my wife appreciated the conversation and we both love the peach jam...lol.

Perhaps we can have all SoCal OC'ers meet @ convenient spot for a big blast next time, say near Temecula area..

Ok all, have a good week

leoffensive

Coolusername, you were missed. Nice time and some good food and company.

I agree with Devil Leo, good chili... bump up the heat just a little next time.

Gundude thx for the hospitality, my wife appreciated the conversation and we both love the peach jam...lol.

Perhaps we can have all SoCal OC'ers meet @ convenient spot for a big blast next time, say near Temecula area..

Ok all, have a good week

i knew i should have made it hotter.... to be honest i was worried about gundude having a heart attack if i had made the salsa hotter.....

im definitely up for another BBQ/potluck.

but we need to have one out in blm land so we can also do some shooting!