• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Curiousity in Sacramento

Gooelf

Just out of curiosity, has there ever been an Open Carry event actually in the capital?
Or has anyone ever open carried there at all?
Anyone planning to?

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
In the Capital yes. In the Capitol, no.

In April 2008? (has it been that long?) there was an open carry dinner at the Outback Steakhouse where 7 armed people and their guests enjoyed each others company for nearly three hours without being interupted. There's even a picture of us floating on the forum somewhere. Give me some time, and I will see if I can't link it to this post.

Here's your link.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?42971-Nor-Cal-OC-dinner-RSVP!&highlight=outback

Last edited:

Gooelf

Thanks

Thanks I definitely meant to say Capitol city; most of the time you hear news from the Bay Area never do hear much about Sac.

Iopencarry

We from the East Bay have tried in the past to get meet-ups in the Sacto area. Sense we do not know the area that well, we have asked for someone to be a 'point man' and find a location, make sure it is oc friendly and legal, and we would help in the planing.
Apparently, there have not been any takers.

We can't do it alone.

Gooelf

Maybe someone with expierence in setting up these meets might give a few guide lines on finding such a location, and then someone from the Sacramento Area could do some research to locate one to fit? I mean the basics obviously being not near a school, or government building etc...

cato

In the Capital yes. In the Capitol, no.

In April 2008? (has it been that long?) there was an open carry dinner at the Outback Steakhouse where 7 armed people and their guests enjoyed each others company for nearly three hours without being interupted. There's even a picture of us floating on the forum somewhere. Give me some time, and I will see if I can't link it to this post.

Here's your link.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?42971-Nor-Cal-OC-dinner-RSVP!&highlight=outback

nice trip down memory lane...pre-Heller

Last edited:

Golden smith

Banned
I was going to say no, but you're wrong about experience, Meg Whitman is quite experienced and very knowledgable of economics.

I'd bet money that you are an Obama supporter, how ironic that you hold Whitman's non-voting record against her when Mr. Present Obama has quite the non-voting record himself.