• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA and blunts special anouncement 9/3

goalseter88

Important Announcement Regarding
Special Event Friday, September 3 in Missouri
NRA's Wayne LaPierre and Chris W. Cox would like to personally invite you and your family to join them, along with Congressman Roy Blunt and former Governor Matt Blunt, for a very important announcement regarding the Missouri U.S. Senate race on:

Friday, September 3 at 8:30 AM
Cape Girardeau Airport - Cape Aviation
860 Rush H. Limbaugh Jr. Memorial Drive
Cape Girardeau, MO
573/335-6632

Friday, September 3 at 10:15 AM
Midway USA
5875 W Van Horn Tavern Road
Columbia, MO 65203
573/445-6363

Friday, September 3 at 12:15 PM
Springfield Ozair Charter Service
2525 N. General Aviation Ave
Springfield, MO
417/863-7770

Friday, September 3 at 1:20 PM
Joplin Airport, Mizzou Aviation
7331 N. Highway 43
Joplin, MO
417/623-1331

Friday, September 3 at 2:40 PM
St. Joseph Rosecrans Airport, Express Flight
100 NW Rosecrans Road
St. Joseph, MO
816/233-3444

Friday, September 3 at 3:55 PM

Kirksville Airport

27161 Airport Trail (Highway 63 South)
Kirksville, MO
660/665-5020

Please contact NRA Grassroots at 800-392-VOTE (8683) if you have any questions.

i copied this from another forum, i will be going to the springfield event. if anyone else is going and wants to meet up there. and whats weird is i didnt get this email. i gotten other ones for other states but not the one for my own state lol.

goalseter88

yah sorry dude. it is all the info i got. like i said i am even in the NRA, an NRA recruiter, registered in the NRA that i living in missouri, and yet diddnt get this email. yet i got a email for nebraska and another state too. but not this one lol. but if you need more info, why not call that phone number thats listed at the end of my previous post.

goalseter88

well i went to the meet. and it was kinda neat. it was short and sweet. they got the point across, gun wise atleast. didnt talk to much about other things. guns and keeping our freedoms. but what did you expect him to talk when they are co sponsoring the meet with NRA?

i also got to talk to Chris Cox( chief lobbyist for NRA) about that i like to see them stand up and defend the OC more then they do. he was very admitive that they dont. but atleast i did my best on letting the issue be known. and one thing he did say though, when they are choosing what to go in and fight for and to be one of their main goals. is looking at whats the hot issue at the minute, and which issue also has potential to win. and i can see what he meaning, but i feel like they could help a bit more in the OC department, even if it isnt their MAIN goal. i just wish it wasnt so short so i could of also talked to wayne lapierre about it as well.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
This is one of those times that a history lesson is invaluable and some of what that five or six page blathering I put forward for everyone's critical judgment.

The key sentence that you hear was "what we think we can win" and they understand it well, they also understand the implications of it as well.

I am not going to get into it here because I will have to explain to too many folks what their opinion is worth and that is not popular. We have some very specific road blocks to state wide and it is best suited to look at it from the anti side if you seek to understand it.