• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Did Open Carry have a table set up at Oshkosh gun show?

revolverrandy

I haven't been on this forum for a while now.I did go to the Oshkosh gun show last weekend but I didn't see open carry there at all.Did they have a table or space set up there and I somehow missed it?I was there on Sunday.Bought a few things too.Was one of the better shows I've been at latley.Some prices and guns were actually reasonable.I picked up a shotgun and a knife.Some of the other shows I have been at latley seemed to have stuff for sale at rediculously high prices.This one was more down to earth.
Must have been because I was there on the last day though because some of the sellers seemed so desperate ,almost begging for a sale.It was kind of sad.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
I WAS there with the WCI stuff on Friday and Saturday. I couldn't be there Sunday and had specifically posted that on the forum here and on my FB page asking if any WCI member was willing to help on Sunday; no takers.

As an all volunteer organization, we do the best we can with what we have. It would have been a pleasure to meet with you, sorry I missed you.

Carry On!

Spartacus

Banned
Must have been because I was there on the last day though because some of the sellers seemed so desperate ,almost begging for a sale.It was kind of sad.

Our troubled economy is hitting the gun shows as well.

When I was younger you could go to gun shows expecting to find pleasant surprises and great bargains over traditional store prices but no more. Now it seems like 80% of what you see is the stores packing up their stuff, moving it to the show and marking up the prices for their troubles. Its no wonder sales are down.

YOu can still find a deal once in a while from a private seller but its becoming rarer and rarer.

M

McX

how did we do at the gun show? hand out alot of pamphlets? sign up a few new members?

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
We did fine. We signed up the usual number of new members, and sold the usual amount of shirts. What was unexpected was the interest in the magnetic signs (sold 2 of them).

All-in-all, not a bad show.

Other more seasoned vendors pointed out how SLOW the show was and we had the usual vendors who are FFL's and instructors for LEO who come by and shake their head (the typical carry by anybody other than LEO is bad crowd).