• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mauser C96

• Thread starter I_Have_a_Small_One
  • Start date

Batousaii

Classics and oddities

Thats really cool. I know there are a few of us that pride in carrying classics or odd-ball arms for OC. At the last big BBQ meet i seen black powders and antiques alike, it was a great site. I myself often (sunny days) carry a Vaquero (looks like classic cowboy gun) in an old western rig, bullets in the lops etc. It gets allot of positive conversation and fun questions. In all, a good condition C96 Mauser is indeed a formidable defensive weapon. The .30 Mauser cartridge is a stout round, even the 9mm Parabellum is very acceptable. Carry it in an original style holster, and you'd indeed have a great conversation piece as well as defensive arm. I can only imagine the BG reaction to a C96 -lol.

:cool: When ya gonna actually join so we can properly welcome you ? Until then, glad to have you with us.

Bat

mosinnagant

Thats really cool. I know there are a few of us that pride in carrying classics or odd-ball arms for OC. At the last big BBQ meet i seen black powders and antiques alike, it was a great site. I myself often (sunny days) carry a Vaquero (looks like classic cowboy gun) in an old western rig, bullets in the lops etc. It gets allot of positive conversation and fun questions. In all, a good condition C96 Mauser is indeed a formidable defensive weapon. The .30 Mauser cartridge is a stout round, even the 9mm Parabellum is very acceptable. Carry it in an original style holster, and you'd indeed have a great conversation piece as well as defensive arm. I can only imagine the BG reaction to a C96 -lol.

:cool: When ya gonna actually join so we can properly welcome you ? Until then, glad to have you with us.

Bat

i was on here but the bitch azz mods canned me so i'm back again
i have also fallen of horses and i always get back on

Alexcabbie

Truly a classic

The old "Broomhandle" IMO is among the Top Ten most famous handguns in the world. (The others being the P08 Luger, the Walther P.38, the Colt SAA "Peacemaker", the Colt Model 1911 (can't leave it out!), the Walther PPK, the Beretta M-92, the Smith and Wesson Model 29 .44 Magnum, the British Webley and the Russian Nagant (and not necessarily in that order and yes, I realize this is subjective and opinions may [may?] differ).

One of the John Wayne weterns featured a pair of turn-of-the-century cowboys, one of whom carried a C96.

The ChiComs made an unlicensed copy of the C96 in caliber .45 ACP for a while. Imagine that!

I had the opportunity to shoot a 9mm C96 last year. It took a bit to get used to the weird feel of the grip and the fact that the feel of the weapon changed as the expending of ammo changed the center of balance. But once those factors were gotten used to, it was an excellent piece. a bit clunky, but dependable and accurate? Hell yes. I wish someone would produce firing replicas.