• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

let the construction begin

SlackwareRobert

Are you crazy? A pistol grip! What if that post goes through NJ, you just transported a machine gun.

Whatever you do don't let me know it is a .308 version, that is my next one before the end of the kings rule.
There is nothing better than your own hand assembled with TLC, done just the way you want it. Learning to 'grind' lenses for the scope now, after all a 308 goes just a tad farther down range, and the old 20/20 ain't anymore. I guess you put the mil dots on the inside face so they can't get damaged. But that's why you try so you can find out. So far it is just tedious repetitive motion, and the first time I ever ran across application of chaos theories. Boy I really messed up with that "i'll never need it".

They just showed biker week in downtown strip on the tv the other day, was thinking how funny it would have been for the cops and bikers for someone to just walk down the street OC'ing. Thousands of bikers learning they can just strap onto their hips and be legal. Oh, the terror, thousands of sober people cruising the strip. ROFL.

Would buying an AR pistol lower allow you to build the pistol version? Don't know if I have ever seen one for sale.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I ordered a lower receiver parts kit, butt-stock and pistol grip for my AR-15 just now. Oh, I guess I should go back and order the proper tools as well. :D

When you start assembly of your lower, I suggest you use a large size ziplock bag to work in, when you insert the springs for the takedown pins etc. it will save you some time on your hands and knees searching.