• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LEO thoughts on OC

jt59

Thos.Jefferson

Wow!!!

This gem was posted by a guy that goes by the handle "bigcitypolice" all I can say is wow just flippin' WOW!

"Ok well I don't know about other people but if I see someone with a knife, bat or other type weapon or "tool" gets confronted and gets to look down the barrel of my 45, if they have a gun or look like a gangster type they probably can lay face down on the pavement. Personally I go to every call, traffic stop, ped jamming, and citizen encounter with a plan to kill someone, I eat dinner seated in a way to protect myself in a fight for my life, I enter 7-11 with that in mind to get my coffee, I go in and out of the station with a plan in mind. That is not paranoia that is survival that is having a combat mind set. Sure I relax (to an extent) when I am off duty, but from the time I leave my house, until I park my car in my garage, I am on in combat mode.
THINGS ARE DIFFERENT HERE!!!!! we have 10 million people and 9500 police officers, there are more than 30,000 documented gang memebers, and who knows how many people that are just straight @$$holes when they are high or drunk, I go out and encounter these people on a nightly basis and my main objective is to go home alive. If that means proning people out if they have guns, even in holsters, they are getting jacked up, especially if we get a radio call.
I get a call about a man with a gun, and I can't see the gun, the dude gets proned out. So why wouldn't I do this to a person who clearly has a gun in view? but hey this is just my opinion on police work in my city with my department.... "