Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 64 year old man tazed in his own home for nothing!

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

64 year old man tazed in his own home for nothing!

This just infuriates the he-- out of me. Where in the he-- do these officers get off thinking they are acting within the scope of the law? I hope this citizen not only wins his suit, but puts these LEO's on the street, never again to wear a badge and a gun. The only bad thing about it is the taxpayers are going to foot the legal costs for their actions. In such a case, taxpayers should be free and clear and the offending LEO's should bear the full burden of their illegal actions.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...bay&id=7639987
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

this

this is an obscene transgression of any authority!!!!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

It is stories like this, and ******** like that, which give the police such a bad name.

Who wouldn't want to hate the cops after reading something like that?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by daddy4count View Post
    Who wouldn't want to hate the cops after reading something like that?
    Me.

You see, I don't assume that all cops are like the ones who make the news because of their horrific behavior. Most cops never make the news because most don't do this stuff.

I would give the good leo the benefit of the doubt if I would just see one instance on the news of them raiding these cops homes and tazing them to bring them in, or at the very least did the same when "I wasn't drunk" Clinton fell down the steps.
    As long as there is two sets of rules, they are all on the bad side to me till proven otherwise.

Welcome to the police state. Still think your free ?

they entered his home with out , announcing them selves
    they had no warrant
    No probable cause
    then when told to leave
    they taser the older guy, which could have killed him ( bad heart )

I want some here to tell me, that we live in a free country & that we have rights. then I want that person to tell me why the police THINK that they have the authority to do something like this to a guy who i9s in his own home ! As long as one cop somewhere in this country, violates the rights of just one US citizen...WE DO NOT LIVE IN A COUNTRY WHERE WE ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE RIGHTS & FREEDOMS.
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 09-02-2010 at 01:38 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Me.

You see, I don't assume that all cops are like the ones who make the news because of their horrific behavior. Most cops never make the news because most don't do this stuff.
    Yet the brotherhood and authorities continue to not stop this type of thinking and behavior.
    Again this goes to show the cultural thinking that is allowed in LEA's.

Most Cops are also not banding together to stop their brethren from doing this crap, and it happens again and again, this is not an isolated case. That is what I find sad. I can guarantee the actions of these bad cops didn't suddenly pop up in one case and there were no indicators that they had overly aggressive and inappropriate tendencies.

Try to file a complaint on an officer and his illegal behavior and watch how quickly the other officers jump to his defense and try to thwart your attempts at trying to discipline/correct a wrong on an officers actions.

I implore all you good Police/public servants please step up to the plate you are quickly loosing the support of the population you serve.

This points again to my argument that we need a lot less police force in this country. They have become a necessary evil in our society to some extent, but not to the extent of the standing army they have become.

I predict the review board will find that the officers did not act inappropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Most cops never make the news because most don't do this stuff.
    Agree! My point being that this is the only type of LEO news we see... ever. We don't get to hear the stories of hero cops saving lives, comforting lost children, protecting and serving their communities.

All we hear about is the BS that goes on a small percentage of the time...

Freedom of press is great, but I'd love to see somebody exercise their right to report balanced, factual stories...

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Agree! My point being that this is the only type of LEO news we see... ever. We don't get to hear the stories of hero cops saving lives, comforting lost children, protecting and serving their communities.

Freedom of press is great, but I'd love to see somebody exercise their right to report balanced, factual stories...
    Supreme court ruled they are not obligated to do those things.

This is what happens when litigation replaces personal responsibility

I was not there, I did not see video of the event from start to finish, but in my opinion both sides were in the wrong. The police were wrong for repeatedly tasing this man even though he was acting non-threatening (to the officers), but I can see where they were coming from. Had they simply said "he doesn't mean any harm to himself or others" and left, and he had in-fact killed himself, they could have been sued by his next of kin for failing to take his threat of bodily harm seriously. If we had personal responsibility instead of civil liability, the Officers could have put in their report "the man insinuated he wanted to cause harm to himself, when we offered to get him evaluated, he refused multiple times and told us to leave" that would be the end of it. I believe the officers were thinking that they had no choice but to bring him to the hospital or else it would be their fault if something happened. They say "Every bullet has a lawyer attached to it", I would go further and say "every police interaction has a lawyer attached to it." I am not bashing lawyers, just the rules, regulations, and litigation that attempt to replace common sense and personal responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by ElW75 View Post
    I was not there, I did not see video of the event from start to finish, but in my opinion both sides were in the wrong. The police were wrong for repeatedly tasing this man even though he was acting non-threatening (to the officers), but I can see where they were coming from. Had they simply said "he doesn't mean any harm to himself or others" and left, and he had in-fact killed himself, they could have been sued by his next of kin for failing to take his threat of bodily harm seriously. If we had personal responsibility instead of civil liability, the Officers could have put in their report "the man insinuated he wanted to cause harm to himself, when we offered to get him evaluated, he refused multiple times and told us to leave" that would be the end of it. I believe the officers were thinking that they had no choice but to bring him to the hospital or else it would be their fault if something happened. They say "Every bullet has a lawyer attached to it", I would go further and say "every police interaction has a lawyer attached to it." I am not bashing lawyers, just the rules, regulations, and litigation that attempt to replace common sense and personal responsibility.
    Lawyers didn't commit aggravated assault against this man with no legal authority to do so, pos cops did. "Both sides were in the wrong" are you ******* kidding me! What did this man, in his own dwelling, do to the badge wearing thugs? Cop bashing is a big no-no on this forum. Maybe the apologists for the Nazi bastards among them should have their posts deleted, as well.

Banned

I stand corrected. I got the misimpression that you would be one of the haters. I see that I am wrong. Sorry.

COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: LEO Bashing

This isn't a report on cops in general, heroes, everyday workers, etc. It is a report about thugs walking all over the rights of US and doing whatever they ******* feel like because they are above the law.

Quote Originally Posted by kadar View Post
    I predict the review board will find that the officers did not act inappropriately.
    COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: LEO Bashing

I love how the cop keeps saying"stop resisting", classic
    He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent which will reach to himself. -- Thomas Paine (1737--1809), Dissertation on First Principles of Government, 1795

Founder's Club Member
    1. Why wasn't this thread started in "The Social Lounge" subforum?

2. We need to get a few more facts. There is reference to the man making a comment that could indicate suicidal intent.

Depending on all the details, the cop might in fact have authority for a seizure and/or the intrusion across the sacred threshold.

Something to keep in mind. I don't know if all cops are trained a certain way about suicidal people, but I know some cops are: A suicidal person is by definition homicidal--towards himself. It is an extremely agitated state of mind. It is entirely possibly for the suicidal person's hostility to shift from himself to you or the cop on the scene, meaning the homicidal intent can shift from himself to someone in his immediate area.

So, depending on the full story, it might have been adviseable for the officer to be ready for a physical force situation. Although, after only one viewing, the victim seems calm and rational enough in the early part of the video.

One thing that really stood out to me was the officer's repeated commands to stop resisting while the victim is writhing under the electric charge. What was that about? He is supposed to calmly lay still while jolted by a device specifically designed to overwhelm the victim's ability to control his body? The nonsense command makes me think the cop wasn't thinking, as in: not in control himself.
    Last edited by Citizen; 09-02-2010 at 05:39 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    SNIP My point being that this is the only type of LEO news we see... ever. We don't get to hear the stories of hero cops saving lives, comforting lost children, protecting and serving their communities.
    1. When there is video of police in dramatic situations and the police act properly, the video shows up on the internet right away.

2. At least one state appeals court justice has finally noticed that video that proves a good-cop shows up quickly, yet when there are serious questions about the cops' behavior, the video equipment was "not turned on", or the equipment "had a technical problem." That justice's notice was written into his dissent in a case.

3. News stories abound of police finding the little girl who wandered away and got lost in the woods, pulling a person from a burning car, etc.

Police departments have a very active sense of public relations. They're not going to turn down a chance to make themselves look good.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    1. When there is video of police in dramatic situations and the police act properly, the video shows up on the internet right away.

2. At least one state appeals court justice has finally noticed that video that proves a good-cop shows up quickly, yet when there are serious questions about the cops' behavior, the video equipment was "not turned on", or the equipment "had a technical problem." That justice's notice was written into his dissent in a case.

3. News stories abound of police finding the little girl who wandered away and got lost in the woods, pulling a person from a burning car, etc.

Police departments have a very active sense of public relations. They're not going to turn down a chance to make themselves look good.
    Funny. Ya never see the videos here.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SlackwareRobert View Post
    I would give the good leo the benefit of the doubt if I would just see one instance on the news of them raiding these cops homes and tazing them to bring them in, or at the very least did the same when "I wasn't drunk" Clinton fell down the steps.
    As long as there is two sets of rules, they are all on the bad side to me till proven otherwise.
    The Blue Wall of Silence smears the so-called good cops as well as the bad. As long as the Blue Wall of Silence exists, even the so-called good cops are legitimately tainted.

The Wall hides something, the so-called good cops who practice it are hiding something. At the very least they find it tolerable, and doing nothing effective to stop it, they become themselves enablers.

Are we to really believe that so-called good-cops---the Heros in Blue, defenders of public safety, paragons of public virtue, empowered above mere citizens, and the "only ones" trained to deal with really bad people--suddenly come all over intimidated by "just a few" bad cops?

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by obamacare View Post
    This thread will be labeled leo bashing and be deleted.
    That may happen, but as anyone can clearly see, I was not LEO bashing one bit. So I will rest on what I wrote and if it does get killed because of what you mentioned, then I'll just consider it a foolish and irresponsible act by someone who did not read the story or understand the thrust of my ire.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by Thos.Jefferson View Post
    I love how the cop keeps saying"stop resisting", classic
    yeah, while this guy was being fried numerous times, the keeps yelling stop resisting...how could he be resisting when he is being zapped ???? I watch TV with a Glock next to me, I would have been shot- even though I never touched the gun.

COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: LEO Bashing / etc
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 09-02-2010 at 08:50 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Wow! There was a dog present and the cops did'nt shoot it!
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

I have a right to feel safe and BE safe in my own home.
    I have a right to refuse to be "helped" in my own home.
    I have a right to make people leave who I don't want in my home and are there without my permission.
    And I have a right to sue the sh*t out of those who violate my rights!!
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    This just infuriates the he-- out of me. Where in the he-- do these officers get off thinking they are acting within the scope of the law? I hope this citizen not only wins his suit, but puts these LEO's on the street, never again to wear a badge and a gun. The only bad thing about it is the taxpayers are going to foot the legal costs for their actions. In such a case, taxpayers should be free and clear and the offending LEO's should bear the full burden of their illegal actions.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...bay&id=7639987

Yet another article from a media outlet that refuses to see what's really transpiring. Did you watch the entire newscast because the newscasters obviously didn't review the footage properly? What boils my blood is the civilian that thinks he or she knows about use of force when they clearly do not and have no LEO experience what so ever. Those are the folks endangering our officers by making false claims that this kind of action was wrong when it clearly was not. Elderly people are fully capable of inflicting injury and putting up one heck of a physical fight, so don't count them out just because they're old. When the po-po shows up, you have likely done something to bring them there.

LEOs informed him that they were going to take him in for an evaluation. He does not have a choice in the matter if this is going to occur...it is going to happen for the reason that he said if he had a gun he would shoot himself. Threat to commit suicide...potential to hurt others as well, both of which mean the ability to make his own decisions must be evaluated by a medical professional...against his will if necessary.

Next, he refuses to follow lawful orders from the LEOs by remaining on the couch. This is called passive resistance folks...it IS resistance. Next he attempts to stand up, that alone could be considered an act of hostility and the LEOs practiced restraint and ordered him to sit down, then put his hands behind his back. Again he refused and became verbally resistive as well. With him attempting to walk off he is no longer in passive resistance, he's beyond that and possibly in defensive resistance. You can bet if they went hands on it would have become very physical.

There's the threat of harm to self, the potential harm to others, the potential harm to LEOs. Taser IS justified to limit the ability of the subject from being able to hurt himself or the officers (or others).

1st discharge. Then you see an officer attempting to get a hand behind subject's back, he's resisting. He's ordered to stop resisting and warned he will be tased again, but he keeps resisting. 2nd discharge. Same order to stop resisting is given and subject continues to resist. 3rd discharge.

Want to claim the issue of the heart condition? Get Taser certified and you'll quickly find out that the statistics and personal experience illustrate that the Taser affects the nervous system (pain response portion), not the circulatory system. It is extremely difficult to link any death directly to the use of a Taser, the big issue would be if it were used on someone with a pacemaker.
    Last edited by heresyourdipstickjimmy; 09-03-2010 at 01:32 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast