Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MN Permit to Carry Training Course

MN Permit to Carry Training Course

At the Open Carry Picnic in Seymour, I won a Free Class to Robert Amey's MN Permit to Carry Training Course. This class will be held at the Hudson Gun Club. The remaining choices of dates are Oct. 2nd, Oct 16th, and Dec. 11th, 2010.

I will not be able to use the certificate for this free class. If you are interested AND will attend, I will mail it to you. I spoke with Bob at the Glenwood City event and he said it was transferable.

PM me for details. I will post on this thread when I have sent the certificate to someone.

Banned
    Very generous of you Phred.

I have mine already or I would definitely take you up on it.

It is free

Only one "interested" so far and it is free - really.

btw

I just noticed

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. We are justified through our faith in the Bill of Rights, the gospel of our Founding Fathers, and not required to "earn" the right to carry guns.
    This is a good one Doug.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Thanks. I've been struggling through the Lutheran Concordia these few months past. My reading of the Lutheran Concordia has firmed and affirmed, for me, the analogy between protestantism and the NRA.

PM sent.
    J.A.Salinas
    "Natural Selection is another way of God telling you you're an idiot"

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    Thanks. I've been struggling through the Lutheran Concordia these few months past. My reading of the Lutheran Concordia has firmed and affirmed, for me, the analogy between protestantism and the NRA.
    I hope you get it figured out. I've heard it said that a person should always believe in something. So, I believe - "I'll have another".

In the meantime, keep packin'. The Island depends on you

An interesting book you might want to look at Doug is The Bondage Of The Will by Martin Luther. A good one to wrap your head arround. Carry on.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny amish View Post
    An interesting book you might want to look at Doug is The Bondage Of The Will by Martin Luther. A good one to wrap your head arround. Carry on.
    Doug wasn't being serious Johnny. He was just sniping at the NRA.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny amish View Post
    Thank you. Here is an apparently free source http://www.covenanter.org/Luther/Bondage/bow_toc.htm

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Doug wasn't being serious Johnny. He was just sniping at the NRA.
    On the contrary, my "sniping at the NRA" is entirely serious and a theme that runs throughout all of my reading. The NRA is anathema to the Second Amendment. Which part of "shall not be infringed" do y'all, you and the NRA apologists, not understand? I thank you to allow me to speak for myself and to not presume my motives. IOW MYOB (Robert A. Heinlein)

When I pick up a book I generally have no idea of how it might apply to this or that interest. I just today finished 'Why There's Antifreeze in Your Toothpaste: The Chemistry of Household Ingredients' by Simon Quellen Field. It obviously had nothing to do with the politics of rights. I read it as a break from Angelo Codevilla's 'The Character of Nations', that obviously does. How I can make it apply to the anathema that is NRA remains to be seen. I have a long way to go.
    Last edited by Doug Huffman; 09-04-2010 at 11:49 AM.

Banned
    Oh we all know you are serious about NRA sniping Doug. My point was that your post above was facetious.

Banned
    Oh we all know you are serious about NRA sniping Doug. My point was that your post above was facetious.
    You may speak for yourself.

I am not the least bit humorous or flippant or jocular. I can't imagine you're suggesting that I am witty, a synonym.

Banned
    You may speak for yourself.

I am not the least bit humorous or flippant or jocular. I can't imagine you're suggesting that I am witty, a synonym.
    No I said you were being facetious. You can read can't you?

If you were not being facetious, then please go ahead and contrast and compare the Lutheran Concordia with the NRA for us as promised.

I wait with bated breath...
    Last edited by Spartacus; 09-04-2010 at 05:16 PM.

Banned
    Still waiting...

Banned
    So I see that you only mentioned the Lutheran Concordia as a pretext to take another cheap shot at the NRA, is that correct?

Banned
    COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Personal attack

Boy you are kind of hamstrung without your sockpuppets eh Doug? Usually this is where they would jump into the fight spewing vile and venom.

Hell, you aren't even getting help from our resident sh!tbird. WTF?
    'Salright, I'm here.

He's entitled to his opinion, Spartacus. If you don't agree with it, that's fine, but there's no need to continue harassing him about an issue that's been resolved to everyone's (including the Admin) satisfaction except yours.

If or when he explains it, argue the merits, but leave the personal crap out of it. No one else is interested in personal attacks.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    'Salright, I'm here.

He's entitled to his opinion, Spartacus. If you don't agree with it, that's fine, but there's no need to continue harassing him about an issue that's been resolved to everyone's (including the Admin) satisfaction except yours.

If or when he explains it, argue the merits, but leave the personal crap out of it. No one else is interested in personal attacks.
    This is a new issue Don. You have missed the point entirely.

This is a new issue Don. You have missed the point entirely.
    No, the NRA thing is new, but anytime you bring up what you call sock puppets you're bringing up old issues. Which is my point...argue the merits of the new issue and stop bringing old crap that've been resolved.

Banned
    No, the NRA thing is new, but anytime you bring up what you call sock puppets you're bringing up old issues. Which is my point...argue the merits of the new issue and stop bringing old crap that've been resolved.
    Resolved to your satisfaction, not mine. You are new to the fight but I've battled his stupid alters for months; first not knowing they were his and then after realizing they were, fighting to expose them.

The lesson is... watch your words and actions on OCDO because your history follows you.
    Last edited by Spartacus; 09-05-2010 at 09:59 AM.

Resolved to your satisfaction, not mine.
    So what? You're not the admin or the owners. Your opinion regarding any given resolution is irrelevant to the fact that the issue has been resolved. It's also irrelevant to anyone other than yourself.

The issue is resolved, thus it is an old issue, a dead issue. Nothing you've said changes that...what's it called...oh yeah...FACT.

Banned
    So what? You're not the admin or the owners. Your opinion regarding any given resolution is irrelevant to the fact that the issue has been resolved. It's also irrelevant to anyone other than yourself.

The issue is resolved, thus it is an old issue, a dead issue. Nothing you've said changes that...what's it called...oh yeah...FACT.
    An old issue? What like a week old?

Your not an admin either so butt out...

An old issue? What like a week old?

Your not an admin either so butt out...
    Nor are you...so let old issues rest and check your personal baggage at the door. Or use a PM...that's one of the things for which they were designed. Issues relevant to the cause get posted, personal issues get worked out via PM.

Banned
    Nor are you...so let old issues rest and check your personal baggage at the door. Or use a PM...that's one of the things for which they were designed. Issues relevant to the cause get posted, personal issues get worked out via PM.
    You love missing the point don't you. Its your modus operandi as I see it.

I don't have any personal issues with Doug.

The board was lied to through his alter-egos and now again he has made up a lie in a cheap attempt to slam the NRA. He did that publicly so I rebuked him publicly.

Each and every time I catch Doug lying or misrepresenting the truth to bend it to his twisted program y'all are gonna hear about it. I'm on him like cute on a baby.

You love missing the point don't you. Its your modus operandi as I see it.

I don't have any personal issues with Doug.

The board was lied to through his alter-egos and now again he has made up a lie in a cheap attempt to slam the NRA. He did that publicly so I rebuked him publicly.

Each and every time I catch Doug lying or misrepresenting the truth to bend it to his twisted program y'all are gonna hear about it. I'm on him like cute on a baby.
    When a person gives his opinion that's neither a lie nor misrepresenting the truth. Btw, you've said in the past you DO have a problem with Doug. So who's lying again?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast