• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MN Permit to Carry Training Course

The Don

Resolved to your satisfaction, not mine.

So what? You're not the admin or the owners. Your opinion regarding any given resolution is irrelevant to the fact that the issue has been resolved. It's also irrelevant to anyone other than yourself.

The issue is resolved, thus it is an old issue, a dead issue. Nothing you've said changes that...what's it called...oh yeah...FACT.

Spartacus

Banned
So what? You're not the admin or the owners. Your opinion regarding any given resolution is irrelevant to the fact that the issue has been resolved. It's also irrelevant to anyone other than yourself.

The issue is resolved, thus it is an old issue, a dead issue. Nothing you've said changes that...what's it called...oh yeah...FACT.

An old issue? What like a week old?

Your not an admin either so butt out...

The Don

An old issue? What like a week old?

Your not an admin either so butt out...

Nor are you...so let old issues rest and check your personal baggage at the door. Or use a PM...that's one of the things for which they were designed. Issues relevant to the cause get posted, personal issues get worked out via PM.

Spartacus

Banned
Nor are you...so let old issues rest and check your personal baggage at the door. Or use a PM...that's one of the things for which they were designed. Issues relevant to the cause get posted, personal issues get worked out via PM.

You love missing the point don't you. Its your modus operandi as I see it.

I don't have any personal issues with Doug.

The board was lied to through his alter-egos and now again he has made up a lie in a cheap attempt to slam the NRA. He did that publicly so I rebuked him publicly.

Each and every time I catch Doug lying or misrepresenting the truth to bend it to his twisted program y'all are gonna hear about it. I'm on him like cute on a baby.

The Don

You love missing the point don't you. Its your modus operandi as I see it.

I don't have any personal issues with Doug.

The board was lied to through his alter-egos and now again he has made up a lie in a cheap attempt to slam the NRA. He did that publicly so I rebuked him publicly.

Each and every time I catch Doug lying or misrepresenting the truth to bend it to his twisted program y'all are gonna hear about it. I'm on him like cute on a baby.

When a person gives his opinion that's neither a lie nor misrepresenting the truth. Btw, you've said in the past you DO have a problem with Doug. So who's lying again?

Spartacus

Banned
When a person gives his opinion that's neither a lie nor misrepresenting the truth. Btw, you've said in the past you DO have a problem with Doug. So who's lying again?

The mere presence of Doug's alters formed the basis of a lie. This is axiomatic. I am me... if I post as somebody else with a whole different vocabulary and style, that is a lie. OK?

Its like arguing with my ex-wife... she always had one more thing to say as well.

jpm84092

NRA Bashing

I see some pretty serious NRA bashing on this site from time to time. While I am not an employee or spokesperson for the NRA, I do need to offer some defense of the National Rifle Association. Please note that the NRA is not the National Open Carry Organization or the National Concealed Carry Association. Their motto is to provide citizens with the necessary training, skills, and attitude to safely own and operate firearms.

NRA are well educated and know when and how to pick the battles they fight. At the end of the day, it really is more important to be able to keep rifles like the AR-15 and the Ruger Mini-14 from being labeled "Assault Rifles" by those who oppose the Second Amendment, than to beligerantly demand second amendment rights. (And the intelligent reader will note that in McDonald v. City of Chicago, the NRA was firmly behind McDonald.) Stokely Carmichael (Black Panther Movement in the 70s for those under 50) tried the beligerant demand method and it did not work well for him. This approach will not work well for us either.

Sometimes when compromise gains a long term advantage, the "purists" accuse the NRA of "selling out". This is a very short sighted reaction. The truth of it is that we will only have full 2nd Amendment rights when the "sheeple" get over their irrational fears. Courses like "NRA First Steps" that instill the necessary training, skills, and attitude to safely own and operate a firearm, when delivered to the sheeple, do our 2nd amendment cause much more good than some of my fellow posters give credit to. The "sheeple" outnumber us and until they are converted, we face an uphill battle.

Spartacus

Banned
Great post JPM. Thanks for that.

The NRA is not perfect as we all know but we would not be enjoying the 2A freedoms in this country that we have now without that organization to say nothing of all the educational programs they sponsor for our youth and new shooters.

The Don

The mere presence of Doug's alters formed the basis of a lie. This is axiomatic. I am me... if I post as somebody else with a whole different vocabulary and style, that is a lie. OK?

Its like arguing with my ex-wife... she always had one more thing to say as well.

That's a dead issue, be it only a week or so, just like you calling Doug "Dougie". Or is this different?

As you said earlier, the issue being discussed currently is the NRA. Doug's opinion on the NRA is neither a lie nor a misrepresentation. It's his opinion. So, as I said, if he chooses to expand on his opinion, then argue the merits of that, and leave the past and your personal feelings out of it.

AdamXD

Thanks again phred. A family emergency requires me to move to MN and this will save me some money with obtaining my carry permit there.