• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tell me about the P-64

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
I found a local source of Silver Bear for $11.00 for a box of 50, so it was off to the range today after work. I was able to put 250 rounds through it before I went home for supper. I think this is the best part of carrying the p64... since I don't reload too often,the cost to practice with it is so reasonable.

BTW, I lessened the "bite" of the recoil quite a bit by buying some rubberized marine tape; you've probably seen the commercial on t.v. for the non-stick tape that seals on itself. I plan on getting the grip modified a bit but for now, this fix seems to work. I found it at Harbor Freight for $4.99 a roll. I wrapped a few turns of the roll around the grip where the web of my hand fits the grip. This seemed to take take care of the "pain point" that so many p64 owners complain about. Now its starting to feel like a real EDC. :)

Last edited:

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Just an FYI, I've never owned or fired a P64, but I have been told by some, they think it's too small for the 9x18mm Makarov round. Myself, I want to get a CZ82.

Rogue9er

Campaign Veteran
Just an FYI, I've never owned or fired a P64, but I have been told by some, they think it's too small for the 9x18mm Makarov round. Myself, I want to get a CZ82.

Good call, that's exactly what I'm going for. The CZ82/83 is FANTASTIC, and simply cannot be beaten for the price. You may want to give it a good look before buying, though, some are more than a little worn.

Agent1

Look at the cute little BUG I found!

3701.jpg

Shoots nice and very light, but LOUD!!!!

Was looking for a P-64 but none of the dealers around are carrying them.