Thread: California's open carry prohibition--defeated!

California's open carry prohibition--defeated!

http://www.ammoland.com/2010/09/01/a...ll-gun-owners/

Along with rifle, shotgun, and ammo registration.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Great news!!

"It isn't that Liberals are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so" --Ronald Reagan

If California can't ban open carry, it speaks well of us to the rest of the country.

Last edited by DetroitBiker; 09-02-2010 at 07:09 PM.

All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

In my opinion, open carry, and in fact nearly all carry was banned in the PRK by their racist lawmakers in the 60's after the black panthers rose to the challenge of taking on violent felons who were employed as police officers in their neighborhoods. If you can't carry loaded and ready, you can't really carry.

UOC as they call it, and as I call it "unconstitutional open carry" is a demoralizing joke for supporters of the constitution. It's making ones self vulnerable to the very dangerous and extremely bold criminals of cities in kalifornia. Criminals there start off knowing you probably can't likely defend yourself, and you prove it to them by carrying legally and unloaded. I would describe it as little short of brain dead. I would honestly feel safer there unarmed, walking around Detroit style, that is with my hands in my pockets to create the curiosity that I might be armed, and a look on my face like I wanted to fight someone. Not looking like a victim goes a lot further than proving you'd be a good one.

Had this law been passed, it would have served as a springboard for tremendous lawsuits to be brought upon the state, probably reinstating loaded carry as a right in the state. With the state still being able to pretend that carry is legal, it will be harder now, but still possible to bring the constitution back through the courts. I believe it is an extremely disappointing setback.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

;)

Better get three coffins ready for this bad legislation....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeFpM...eature=related

Ooops forgot, better make it four an extra one needed for these hacks political careers!
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 09-02-2010 at 08:18 PM. Reason: make it 4

Fantastic!

California we support your battle to maintain your rights! Keep up the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    http://www.ammoland.com/2010/09/01/a...ll-gun-owners/

Along with rifle, shotgun, and ammo registration.

Bronson
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    In my opinion, open carry, and in fact nearly all carry was banned in the PRK by their racist lawmakers in the 60's after the black panthers rose to the challenge of taking on violent felons who were employed as police officers in their neighborhoods. If you can't carry loaded and ready, you can't really carry.

UOC as they call it, and as I call it "unconstitutional open carry" is a demoralizing joke for supporters of the constitution. It's making ones self vulnerable to the very dangerous and extremely bold criminals of cities in kalifornia. Criminals there start off knowing you probably can't likely defend yourself, and you prove it to them by carrying legally and unloaded. I would describe it as little short of brain dead. I would honestly feel safer there unarmed, walking around Detroit style, that is with my hands in my pockets to create the curiosity that I might be armed, and a look on my face like I wanted to fight someone. Not looking like a victim goes a lot further than proving you'd be a good one.

Had this law been passed, it would have served as a springboard for tremendous lawsuits to be brought upon the state, probably reinstating loaded carry as a right in the state. With the state still being able to pretend that carry is legal, it will be harder now, but still possible to bring the constitution back through the courts. I believe it is an extremely disappointing setback.
    I agree 100%. Hopefully. CA will start experiencing some real economic woes that preclude defending such garbage. There is a suit that may interest us here in Michigan: a part-time resident's inability to get a carry permit. I know it's somewhere on the CA board... just can't find it right now. If that suit is successful, the whole notion of a state limiting the rights of US citizens from other states more severly than their own citizens will be brought under review...
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

part time residents and CPLs..

in calif, edward prueta is suing
    in colorado gray peterson is suing
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!