• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

California's open carry prohibition--defeated!

Michigander

In my opinion, open carry, and in fact nearly all carry was banned in the PRK by their racist lawmakers in the 60's after the black panthers rose to the challenge of taking on violent felons who were employed as police officers in their neighborhoods. If you can't carry loaded and ready, you can't really carry.

UOC as they call it, and as I call it "unconstitutional open carry" is a demoralizing joke for supporters of the constitution. It's making ones self vulnerable to the very dangerous and extremely bold criminals of cities in kalifornia. Criminals there start off knowing you probably can't likely defend yourself, and you prove it to them by carrying legally and unloaded. I would describe it as little short of brain dead. I would honestly feel safer there unarmed, walking around Detroit style, that is with my hands in my pockets to create the curiosity that I might be armed, and a look on my face like I wanted to fight someone. Not looking like a victim goes a lot further than proving you'd be a good one.

Had this law been passed, it would have served as a springboard for tremendous lawsuits to be brought upon the state, probably reinstating loaded carry as a right in the state. With the state still being able to pretend that carry is legal, it will be harder now, but still possible to bring the constitution back through the courts. I believe it is an extremely disappointing setback.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
In my opinion, open carry, and in fact nearly all carry was banned in the PRK by their racist lawmakers in the 60's after the black panthers rose to the challenge of taking on violent felons who were employed as police officers in their neighborhoods. If you can't carry loaded and ready, you can't really carry.

UOC as they call it, and as I call it "unconstitutional open carry" is a demoralizing joke for supporters of the constitution. It's making ones self vulnerable to the very dangerous and extremely bold criminals of cities in kalifornia. Criminals there start off knowing you probably can't likely defend yourself, and you prove it to them by carrying legally and unloaded. I would describe it as little short of brain dead. I would honestly feel safer there unarmed, walking around Detroit style, that is with my hands in my pockets to create the curiosity that I might be armed, and a look on my face like I wanted to fight someone. Not looking like a victim goes a lot further than proving you'd be a good one.

Had this law been passed, it would have served as a springboard for tremendous lawsuits to be brought upon the state, probably reinstating loaded carry as a right in the state. With the state still being able to pretend that carry is legal, it will be harder now, but still possible to bring the constitution back through the courts. I believe it is an extremely disappointing setback.

I agree 100%. Hopefully. CA will start experiencing some real economic woes that preclude defending such garbage. There is a suit that may interest us here in Michigan: a part-time resident's inability to get a carry permit. I know it's somewhere on the CA board... just can't find it right now. If that suit is successful, the whole notion of a state limiting the rights of US citizens from other states more severly than their own citizens will be brought under review...