Thread: North Carolina state of emergency removes gun rights for residents of entire state

North Carolina state of emergency removes gun rights for residents of entire state

I know this doesn't apply to us but remember NC is much more red then we are here. Don't think this couldn't happen here.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ners&p=1345356

The law is being challenged by the SAF and Alan Gura.

I'm confused.

Didn't the federal case in New Orleans give us precedent so that this can't happen?

Jonathan

I believe that during a state of emergency the goverment has the right to decare Martial Law for a area, maybe this is what they are doing?

Under Martial Law, our rights mean nothing....rem Hogwash if ya ask me..

North Carolina General Statute 14-288.7 allows this to happen, as North Carolina's Legislature has not yet Enacted a 'Katrina Bill', as other States have since Enacted, post-Katrina.
    This Hurricane may well be the catalyst to ensure a second attempt to do so before The North Carolina General Assembly, but time will only tell as they only meet once every other year.
    North Carolina's Firearm Laws are unique, as they allow a lot of things BUT also disallow a lot of things.

Here is one example: Open Carry in Local Public Buildings is OK, generally, however; Open Carry of Firearms in State Buildings, including CourtHouses, is Illegal, per General Statute 14-269.4.

I hear what your saying, but the precedent was in federal court..... seems like it wouldn't need state law.

Martial law - the time when you need RTKBA the most!!!!

Jonathan

Politicians are out of control. Denying law abiding individuals their "God given" right to self defense.

Oh wait a minute, I forgot that all the neerdowells would magically obey this proclamation, bring their guns home and run to volunteer at the nearest soup kitchen.

So if I was a NC resident and I traveled out of state with a firearm and the Governor enacts this unconstitutional (crap) law I can't come home legally? At least not with my firearm/s.

Perdue needs to pay for this at the ballot box!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Politicians are out of control. Denying law abiding individuals their "God given" right to self defense.

Oh wait a minute, I forgot that all the neerdowells would magically obey this proclamation, bring their guns home and run to volunteer at the nearest soup kitchen.

So if I was a NC resident and I traveled out of state with a firearm and the Governor enacts this unconstitutional (crap) law I can't come home legally? At least not with my firearm/s.

Perdue needs to pay for this at the ballot box!
    She is safe for two more years. However we can make her minions pay.

Yea as if anyone would obey this.
    If it came down to a SHTF situation I sure as hell am not going to go lock my guns up or turn them over to someone.
    Will be nice when this BS gets squared away by legislation so people can work on other 2A issues.

Why was this moved out of the ct section into the nc section? I posted it there for discussion within our locals!