• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia Gadsden Flag License plate

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Looks cool, but its the wrong flag. Its a South Carolina flag, not a VA flag.

In truth, the VA flag, blown up to fill the plate, is practically ideal. The state seal has Virtus, the Roman goddess of virtue standing with her foot on the chest of a fallen king, his crown on the ground beside him. And, the motto, Sic Semper Tyrannis--Thus Always To Tyrants.

Plus, we got nudity on our state seal! Nobody else gots that.

Just make the plate flag-blue, put the Virtus/king/crown image in the middle, and place the motto in big letters across the top, and there you go--the perfect license plate.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Looks cool, but its the wrong flag. Its a South Carolina flag, not a VA flag.

In truth, the VA flag, blown up to fill the plate, is practically ideal. The state seal has Virtus, the Roman goddess of virtue standing with her foot on the chest of a fallen king, his crown on the ground beside him. And, the motto, Sic Semper Tyrannis--Thus Always To Tyrants.

Plus, we got nudity on our state seal! Nobody else gots that.

Just make the plate flag-blue, put the Virtus/king/crown image in the middle, and place the motto in big letters across the top, and there you go--the perfect license plate.
Thats too close to this.. they probably would not make it
va602013.jpg

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Thats too close to this.. they probably would not make it

Why not? What a perfect way to spread the gorgeous VA flag to every state in the Union.

Those pesky MD drivers would see us everywhere! They couldn't get away from it if they tried. They would have to hide in their homes, and certainly never venture here. Muhhahahahahahaahaa!

Chaingun81

I fly a Gadsden flag in front of my house. I've only gotten one comment on it - and it was a positive one. One guy asked me where I got it from and said he was looking to buy one.

I just bought this cool Virginia flag on Wednesday and have it hanging in my basement:
vabattleflag.jpg

Where did you get it? I want to get one too!