Page 1 of 79 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 1955

Thread: No need for a gun?

  1. #1
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,318

    No need for a gun?

    Since the old thread is dead and buried, I thought it would be good to make a new one.



    Here is one on why you need a gun. In a bar no less.

    Man Charged In Fatal Shooting At Sheboygan Falls Bar

    http://www.wisn.com/news/24858248/detail.html

    Wisconsin Reported Crime statistics from 1960 to 2010

    http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/wicrime.htm

    Find crimes in your area:

    http://spotcrime.com/wi/milwaukee

    http://itmdapps.ci.mil.wi.us/compass/disclaimermap.html

    http://city.milwaukee.gov/Police/crimemapsandstatistics

    http://www.learnaboutguns.com/tag/self-defense-example/

    http://data.jsonline.com/News/HomicideTracker/

    http://oja.wi.gov/docview.asp?docid=21985&locid=97



    You can watch the delayed calls in Milwaukee here:

    http://itmdapps.milwaukee.gov/MPDCal...sService.faces



    Milwaukee's Most Wanted

    http://www.jsonline.com/multimedia/photos/53045512.html


    Journal Sentinel's Milwaukee Crime and Safety

    http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/m...161943525.html
    Last edited by protias; 12-20-2013 at 01:47 PM.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  2. #2
    Regular Member littlewolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    349

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Since the old thread is dead and buried, I thought it would be good to make a new one.



    Here is one on why you need a gun. In a bar no less.

    Man Charged In Fatal Shooting At Sheboygan Falls Bar

    http://www.wisn.com/news/24858248/detail.html
    couldn't have happened ,you can,t carry in a bar.especially cc! uh maybe he had a permission slip.
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193
    The perp is charged with murder and not with prohibited carry.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,185
    Christ in a wagon... this exactly validates my argument that constitutional carry needs caveats.

  5. #5
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Christ in a wagon... this exactly validates my argument that constitutional carry needs caveats.
    Why? Murder, with a gun or with a toothpick is still illegal. I would have no issue if there were a 'with a firearm' sweetener'. In other words, murder with a weapon, bank robbery with a weapon, whatever with a weapon where the weapon was 'used' maybe add jail time?

    Same with GFSZ. If you shoot up a school, throw the book at them, doesn't matter if they were in a school or 1001' feet away.

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    i agree...the police have no need for a gun. they have tasers.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Why? Murder, with a gun or with a toothpick is still illegal.
    Right Paul.

    Now find me any instance of murder with a toothpick and I will totally capitulate. Your argument is without basis.

    Alcohol and dangerous weapons do not mix, end of story.

  8. #8
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Right Paul.

    Now find me any instance of murder with a toothpick and I will totally capitulate. Your argument is without basis.

    Alcohol and dangerous weapons do not mix, end of story.
    LOL! I'll look to see if I can find one. My point is, you don't need a gun to kill. How about a knife?

    Anyhow, I would agree to a 'carry while intoxicated' thing, kinda like a dui. .08 and a gun, there we go. It should be tied to the same penalties as DUI. 1st, no crime. 900th, you spend 3 minutes in jail.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193
    Zero tolerance is PC euphemism for thoughtlessness.

  10. #10
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Christ in a wagon... this exactly validates my argument that constitutional carry needs caveats.
    I don't see how this validates your argument. This guy most likely was carrying concealed in addition was carrying in a bar, both illegal under current WI law. Other states do not have this issue of people in places that serve alcohol for consumption. Your argument is flawed.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  11. #11
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    Zero tolerance is PC euphemism for thoughtlessness.
    I agree.

    However, I am confused if this is in response to something I said.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Anyhow, I would agree to a 'carry while intoxicated' thing, kinda like a dui. .08 and a gun, there we go. It should be tied to the same penalties as DUI. 1st, no crime. 900th, you spend 3 minutes in jail.
    Whatever you call it... its still regulatory and not constitutional carry.
    Last edited by Spartacus; 09-02-2010 at 10:26 PM.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    I agree.

    However, I am confused if this is in response to something I said.
    COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Personal attacks

  14. #14
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Welcome to the Dougie Fan Club. Get used to it.
    I am actually a member of the Doug Huffman fan club. He hasn't sent me the membership card yet. I find that as long as I ask the questions properly and in the proper tone, Doug responds appropriately and correctly.

    He is like you, however, that when he is slighted he sometimes attacks. Your attacks are more direct, his are more covert and sometimes I don't understand them.

    Either way, I have learned how to deal with Doug. Still trying to figure you out.

  15. #15
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Whatever you call it... its still regulatory and not constitutional carry.
    Touches! However, I guess I am OK with infringement when another act is introduced into the equation instead of the mere presence of a gun being the charge/no charge factor.

    So... carrying a gun in a bar, not arrest-able. Carrying a gun drunk, arrest-able with a sweetener. Carrying a gun in a courthouse, no problem. Intimidating witnesses, problem!

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post

    Either way, I have learned how to deal with Doug. Still trying to figure you out.
    I'm real easy compared to Doug. Chocolates and flowers send me...

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Touches! However, I guess I am OK with infringement when another act is introduced into the equation instead of the mere presence of a gun being the charge/no charge factor.

    So... carrying a gun in a bar, not arrest-able. Carrying a gun drunk, arrest-able with a sweetener. Carrying a gun in a courthouse, no problem. Intimidating witnesses, problem!
    And shooting the hell out of witnesses and court officers???

    What about airlines... yah lets talk about armed and leaving on a jet plane...

  18. #18
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    And shooting the hell out of witnesses and court officers???

    What about airlines... yah lets talk about armed and leaving on a jet plane...
    Murder. Sweetener for doing it with a gun.

    If the passengers of the 4 planes on 9/11 were armed, the United States would not of experienced the tragedy.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Murder. Sweetener for doing it with a gun.
    Not too sweet for the families of the victims though,eh?

    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    If the passengers of the 4 planes on 9/11 were armed, the United States would not of experienced the tragedy.
    If passengers were armed 9/11 would happen more often.

  20. #20
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Not too sweet for the families of the victims though,eh?

    If passengers were armed 9/11 would happen more often.
    I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,185

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
    Are you single?

  22. #22
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Are you single?
    No, are you hitting on me?

  23. #23
    McX
    Guest
    tossed this one in here; this am opened the shop, pulled up the bay doors, to the back lot, and there's some local standing there, on my property. said he was hiding from someone, i told him to beat it off of my property and hide elsewhere. he took a look at the gun on my hip, and left. no need for a gun?

  24. #24
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    No, are you hitting on me?
    eewwwww
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,185
    Paul is kinda cute in a scruffy, unkempt, food-stained T-shirt kind of way.

    Not my type though. lol

Page 1 of 79 1231151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •