• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No need for a gun?

HandyHamlet

"We understand that the dynamics and motivation of some forms of homicide are susceptible to police tactics and some are not."

He just told people that the police cannot prevent or stop all crime.

Thanks for the translation 'cause that statement makes absolutely no sense to me. At all.

Milwaukee Police Chief Edward A. Flynn attributes the spike in killings in 2010 to an increase in multiple-victim homicides and murders that stemmed from domestic disputes or arguments that escalated to violence.

:idea:

Looks like Milwaukee should ban disputes and arguments. Throw in a ban on two or more people congregating and we can nip that other one in the bud too.

HandyHamlet

http://beaconnews.suntimes.com/news/crime/3104996-418/fire-homeowner-deputies-machine-batavia.html

Homeowner shoots burglary suspect

Jan 1, 2011 09:51PM

At 5 a.m. on New Year’s Eve, LaSalle County sheriff’s deputies were called to a home on Bowen Road, west of Sheridan, for a report of a burglary and a shooting. When police arrived, they found a man lying on the ground outside the home with a single gunshot wound.

According to deputies, a homeowner woke up when he heard breaking glass and someone attempting to break in his front door. The homeowner confronted two people entering his home through the front door, they said.

The homeowner yelled at the two people to identify themselves but they did not respond. The homeowner fired one shot from a .45-caliber pistol and hit one of the men, deputies said.

The injured person, who was not identified, was taken to Ottawa Regional Hospital. His condition was not known Saturday. The investigation into the alleged burglary and shooting continues, deputies said. No further updates were available Saturday.

MKEgal

home invasion in Wauwatosa

http://www.wauwatosanow.com/news/112933514.html

But it's a safe community, a Nice Place, where things like this Don't Happen, so nobody would need a gun to defend herself, right? And even if something happened, the police are right there to stop it & protect people, right?

A resident of the 4100 block of North 93rd St. heard knocking at her door at 11:28 am Dec. 28. She was expecting visitors, so she ignored it until the knocking became incessant.

The man at the door said he was there from a tree service, but she had not made an appointment. He asked to use her bathroom before leaving, but she said no and started shutting the door. He pushed it back open forcing her to fall back into a closet. He grabbed her by the shoulders and demanded money.

She was pushed down the stairs and he forced her to take him through the house looking for jewelry and other valuables. When she screamed, he threatened to hurt her.

Eventually, she hid in a closet while he continued to search the house. When she believed he was gone, she exited and called police.

In a case police think is related, he tried to pull the same thing on another woman but her storm door was locked, so when he tried to force his way in she closed the inner door & called police.

If he showed up here... well, I think he'd take no for an answer real fast, and never even think about asking to use the bathroom (common to 2 of these attacks/invasions). Besides, I keep the storm doors locked. I know I've prevented one person from breaking in that way (tried to open the door while I was standing there talking with him), and there are several ticked off door-to-door solicitors because I won't open the screen door for them.

protias

Omaha School Shooting: Millard South High School Shooter Dead, Say Policehttp://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20027441-504083.html

GFSZ works once again! :rolleyes:

protias

Man, 24, charged with stalking ex for months

http://www.sheboyganpress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/201101071419/SHE0101/110107101

Over the ensuing weeks, the woman’s car was keyed four times, causing more than $4,000 in damage. Once she found the phrase “Want to play” was carved into the vehicle after she received text messages from an unknown number with the same phrase. One messages said there would be consequences for not playing, and another referenced a recent visit the woman made to a wine bar.

phred

Here too.

http://www.wsaw.com/home/headlines/Police_Search_for_Suspects_in_Weston_Home_Invasion_113089189.html

The Everest Metro Police Department needs your help finding three men who invaded a home in Weston and took electronics and money.

The home invasion happened January 7 at approximately 12:30 a.m, at 1400 block of Daley Avenue, in the Village of Weston.

Three males entered this residence and one of them displayed a hand gun. There were five adult victims in the residence and two of them sustained injuries.

The intruders did take some electronics and money from the victims before fleeing the residence. We believe the males maybe white or Hispanic based on preliminary descriptions given by the victims. Their identity was concealed by clothing wrapped around their faces.

The suspects were wearing baggy, dark colored clothing. The first suspect was about 5’9”, slim build and about 20 years old. He did have some black facial hair. The second suspect had a larger build, was about 6’00” and 200lbs. The third suspect was about 5’11”, with a slim build and about 20 years old.

Police do not believe this was a random act.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Everest Metro Police Department at (715) 359-4202

paul@paul-fisher.com

[video=youtube;KwT3v5OpSFQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwT3v5OpSFQ[/video]

"Do you normally go to Walgreens with a gun"
"I go everywhere with a gun"

Carry always!!!

M

McX

the citizen mentions he wont fly, because he cant take his gun with him. something i murmurred 20 years ago.

protias

With all the delays now, driving is almost as quick, and I get to keep my gun.

I figure a drive that takes 6 hours is about the same time as flying. Longer than that, flying is faster. Personally, I'd rather drive anyway.