• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No need for a gun?

MKEgal

Dang, Joseph, do you watch the news w/ the computer on your lap?
Here I thought I'd be the first on this story.
Shots fired inside Aldi during attempted armed robbery
http://fox6now.com/2012/01/30/shots-fired-inside-aldi-store-during-attempted-armed-robbery/
Police say a man entered the business, armed with a shotgun, and began to rob the store.
Police say a customer fired shots at the suspect, and the suspect fled without obtaining any valuables.
http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/138374304.html
Milwaukee police say that during an attempted armed robbery on N. 76th and Villard Ave., a [customer] fired shots at the suspect. That suspect fled without taking any valuables from Aldi Store.
Police say that neither the suspect, nor customer were injured during the attempted robbery.
Good for the customer!
Let's hope he's left alone, even praised, for being a good citizen.
(Though since they're posted, he was trespassing.)

And, ahem, maybe this story should be sent to Aldi corporate, with their anti-self-defense stance.
Put up signs, invite criminals.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member

Good for the customer!

And, ahem, maybe this story should be sent to Aldi corporate, with their anti-self-defense stance.
Criminal: "The damn sign said no guns! What kind of business are you running here! Hows a fine upstanding criminal like myself supposed to do business in these conditions! I want metal detectors."

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

protias

I'm usually asleep by the time late news comes on.
Good for the customer!

I'm surprised the signs didn't prevent a criminal from entering or a law abiding citizen! They are supposed to stop guns from walking in!

[video=youtube;S7pGt_O1uM8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7pGt_O1uM8[/video]

protias

Another armed robbery on the UWM campus last night. 7:07 pm! I hate the fact that I take the bus to campus, but because I can't take my weapon in to the buildings, I am forced to leave it at home. So not only am I unarmed in class, but also on the hour bus ride each way going to and from school. Especially with all the bus violence lately and armed robberies around campus. I don't take my car because there isn't parking available nearby for my long days on campus. I'm thinking I should weld a gun safe to a bicycle frame that I can leave locked in a bike rack outside my building.....

Campus Crime Report

Armed Robbery- 3100 N. Maryland Avenue

On Wednesday, February 1, 2012 at about 7:07 p.m., and armed robbery took place near the bus shelter located at the above address.

A female student waiting in the bus shelter was approached by a male suspect who asked to use her phone.She allowed him to do so.When she attempted to retrieve her phone, the suspect displayed a handgun tucked in his waistband under a sweatshirt.The suspect then fled the scene on foot east on Kenwood Boulevard from the scene.

Suspect Description

Black male, 18-25 years old, 6”01”, 175 pounds, wearing a red and white horizontal striped sweatshirt and dark color pants.

The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Police Department is investigating.If you have information about this incident please call 414-229-4627.

Packfanatic

The signs are working........

Another armed robbery on the UWM campus last night. 7:07 pm! I hate the fact that I take the bus to campus, but because I can't take my weapon in to the buildings, I am forced to leave it at home. So not only am I unarmed in class, but also on the hour bus ride each way going to and from school. Especially with all the bus violence lately and armed robberies around campus. I don't take my car because there isn't parking available nearby for my long days on campus. I'm thinking I should weld a gun safe to a bicycle frame that I can leave locked in a bike rack outside my building.....

Campus Crime Report

Armed Robbery- 3100 N. Maryland Avenue

On Wednesday, February 1, 2012 at about 7:07 p.m., and armed robbery took place near the bus shelter located at the above address.

A female student waiting in the bus shelter was approached by a male suspect who asked to use her phone.She allowed him to do so.When she attempted to retrieve her phone, the suspect displayed a handgun tucked in his waistband under a sweatshirt.The suspect then fled the scene on foot east on Kenwood Boulevard from the scene.

Suspect Description

Black male, 18-25 years old, 6”01”, 175 pounds, wearing a red and white horizontal striped sweatshirt and dark color pants.

The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Police Department is investigating.If you have information about this incident please call 414-229-4627.

Yes! Those no firearm signs are working.... letting criminals run free to do mayhem.... you have to love it they will never get a clue heh !

H

Herr Heckler Koch

I'm thinking I should weld a gun safe to a bicycle frame that I can leave locked in a bike rack outside my building.
Do not leave any bicycle that you really like unattended. Bicycle security is Spy vs. Spy writ small. Putting an unusual attachment on would make it irresistible.

protias