• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No need for a gun?

Cobbersmom

I prefer posting WI stories but couldn't pass this one up! Fairbanks, AK

FAIRBANKS -- A Fairbanks woman nearly severed a man's hand with a sword early Saturday morning as he was trying to break into her bedroom, according to Fairbanks police.
Police received a 911 call about 3:30 a.m. Saturday regarding a burglary in progress at a home in the Monroe Subdivison. When officers reached the home, they found a trail of blood leading through the house's kitchen and into its living room.

Read more: http://www.adn.com/2011/02/14/1702523/police-woman-nearly-severs-intruders.html#ixzz1E2DR5Agz

M

McX

spoke with a fellow business owner, this a.m., in my district, he reported to me; guy came in his place the other day, looking around, and very evasive. saw the gun on his hip, and left. no need for a gun?! Close call? your call?

protias

spoke with a fellow business owner, this a.m., in my district, he reported to me; guy came in his place the other day, looking around, and very evasive. saw the gun on his hip, and left. no need for a gun?! Close call? your call?
Crime prevention! :banana:

And some people think OC doesn't deter crime.

Krusty

And in a situation like this, the grip is a great place to rest the hand... I've had more than one instance in my younger years where just displaying the sidearm has prevented someone from doing a very foolish illegal act!

civilwarguy

just a thought... IF OC doesnt prevent crime then i would love to hear the logic why LEOs open carry??? if OC promotes crime then i would think the governments would want the LEOs to CCW to prevent violence.......... Maybe its just me but sometimes a stupid little thing like Logic can ruin a stupid opinon

MKEgal

county buses are safe, right?

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/117446318.html
Police are searching for a man who attacked a bus driver on board a Milwaukee County bus earlier this week.
Surveillance video shows the suspect brutally punch and kick the driver for no apparent reason.
Really good shot of the punk, too. If the inner-city minority community doesn't clam up like they usually do, he should be caught soon. If someone like that lived near me, I'd be worried about him harming me, so would turn him in... then get myself a personal protective device for when he's let out on bail.

Last edited: