• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No need for a gun?

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
With all the delays now, driving is almost as quick, and I get to keep my gun.

I figure a drive that takes 6 hours is about the same time as flying. Longer than that, flying is faster. Personally, I'd rather drive anyway.

Where the heck are you guys flying that it takes so long? For in-country flights you only need to be there a little ahead of time and if you're experienced with it, security only takes a few annoyingly intrusive minutes.

If it's not less than one state away I'm flying. I can be in Texas in 3.5-4 hours if I fly out of Madison and with way less stress. 5 hours to L.A and about 4 to NYC; once again, including airport time. Try that driving. That's not even considering the price of fuel. If you book months ahead of time you can get nice airline tickets pretty darn cheap.

Do I hate the fact that I can't bring a firearm? Yes. Do I hate the security? Yes. Unfortunately for work and play, it's just too convenient.

Last edited:
M

McX

reading the local paper here this am: one up on charges of home invasions, 2 other home invasions reported. never used to hear of this stuff when i was a kid. apparently a newly discovered crime venue has been loosed upon our area.

Krusty

reading the local paper here this am: one up on charges of home invasions, 2 other home invasions reported. never used to hear of this stuff when i was a kid. apparently a newly discovered crime venue has been loosed upon our area.

I live in the country but generally carry my .45 while at home. A .45 is a great cure for the times when the door may just "blow open"! Scumbags know that just plowing through a door with 2 or 3 "friends" will catch anyone inside off guard.

protias

I live in the country but generally carry my .45 while at home. A .45 is a great cure for the times when the door may just "blow open"! Scumbags know that just plowing through a door with 2 or 3 "friends" will catch anyone inside off guard.

12ga seems to have a better effect. :D

Zeus

I like protias as much as Spartacus annoys me, which is a lot. Protias posts remind us of just how many of these incidents really do happen that we don't even here about. On the contrary if folks like Spartacus were too prevalent on this forum, I would be gone in a heartbeat.

Zeus

Paul, great post on Joe Zamudio. I had never heard his story or seen any of those interviews. A true sheepdog.

oak1971

I like protias as much as Spartacus annoys me, which is a lot. Protias posts remind us of just how many of these incidents really do happen that we don't even here about. On the contrary if folks like Spartacus were too prevalent on this forum, I would be gone in a heartbeat.

Well he's banned so no worries.

Cobbersmom

Marshfield men honored for saving 5-year-old's life in dog attack

http://www.marshfieldnewsherald.com.../101150732/Men-honored-for-saving-girl-s-life
The quick action of Adam Gould, 35, and Adeel Aslam, 30, both residents in the 500 block of West Fifth Street, where the attack occurred, prevented a Rottweiler/pit bull mix from killing Trystan Weiler, 5, of Spencer, Marshfield Police Chief Gary Jepsen said during a ceremony to honor the men.

Since I usually follow this thread, I didn't see this posted here when the attack happened. Apologies if it was. The article says the cop used his tazer and .40 caliber gun with no effect. Imagine trying to stop an attack like this with no gun. It would be impossible and totally up to the dog if it wanted to stop or continue trying to kill.