• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No need for a gun?

Krusty

An old woman being attacked by two young thugs with bricks (weapons) could have been killed by mysterious bullets. Are bricks any less a weapon than baseball bats or 9mm's?? Not in my book!

protias

protias

I don't know of any bank that accepts OC. Maybe that's part of their problem. That and doing business in a sh**hole!

Many banks respect our rights, some do not. That being said, that bank on Ogden is actually in a fairly "safe" area.

Cobbersmom

I'll bet the off duty cops gun was concealed too; something we can't do

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/112398279.html

Milwaukee police officer shoots robbery suspect
By Sharif Durhams of the Journal Sentinel
Dec. 23, 2010 3:48 p.m. |(0) Comments
A Milwaukee police officer was involved in a shooting Thursday afternoon on the city's northwest side, police said.
According to Assistant Police Chief James Harpole:
About 2:30 p.m. an off-duty Milwaukee police officer was near the 102nd block of W. Fond du Lac Ave. when he was approached by two males, one of whom displayed a knife and demanded money. The officer pulled out his service weapon and shot the male with the knife. The suspect was taken to a hospital with injuries that do not appear to be life-threatening.

No comments yet, lets get started.

protias

Milwaukee police officer shoots robbery suspect
By Sharif Durhams of the Journal Sentinel
Dec. 23, 2010 3:48 p.m. |(0) Comments
A Milwaukee police officer was involved in a shooting Thursday afternoon on the city's northwest side, police said.
According to Assistant Police Chief James Harpole:
About 2:30 p.m. an off-duty Milwaukee police officer was near the 102nd block of W. Fond du Lac Ave. when he was approached by two males, one of whom displayed a knife and demanded money. The officer pulled out his service weapon and shot the male with the knife. The suspect was taken to a hospital with injuries that do not appear to be life-threatening.

No comments yet, lets get started.

Officer needs to go to the range more often.

protias

Some of you may find this humorous, but who needs a gun in a tanning salon?

[video=youtube;uYPmFiNT_Hc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYPmFiNT_Hc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

MKEgal

I think the gal was pretty level-headed to get to the phone while they were still fighting. Lucky for the guy he got to the gun first.

But this didn't happen in WI or IL (or CA, or...) - the guy had a concealed gun!

MKEgal

Cobbersmom said:
"...fired on police officers before fatally shooting himself in the 4500 block of N. Sherman Blvd."

Great... I'm in the 4500 block of a street 2 streets over from Sherman!
I keep tellin' ya, my area of the city is in the news way too often.

(Besides, this news story can't be true - there's a school right there on Sherman, and another in the housing project just a block or so south of there. Unless he was on private property, that is.)

ETA: 00:30 on 25DEC, just heard 3 shots. I so want to move out of this neighborhood!

Last edited:

Landose_theghost

LMAO!! :D If I remember rite, I think that a tanning salon was one of the bussinesses with a "No guns" sign posted in Sussex earlier this year. Too bad this particular salon in the video didn't have a shnazzy lil GFZ sign on the front door. That would have stopped the bad guy in his tracks!

protias

I think the gal was pretty level-headed to get to the phone while they were still fighting. Lucky for the guy he got to the gun first.

But this didn't happen in WI or IL (or CA, or...) - the guy had a concealed gun!

From another forum I'm on, someone said it was in Chicago.

They didn't say in the video, but it was in chicago. Although they have some tough gun laws, their laws for using deadly force are quite good. The prick's family wont get ****, because IL law says that some one in fear of their own life, or another's life, has the right to use deadly force without being held liable for any bullsh*t. See page 2 of this thread for the exact law, I copied and pasted it. Apparently this guy killed 2 other people, one in IN, and one in IL. His nickname was the "honeybee killer". He got this nickname because he would ask weird questions before he killed some one. Before he murdered a lady in IN, he asked her about honeybees or some sh*t. The guy was a total f**king nut.

LMAO!! :D If I remember rite, I think that a tanning salon was one of the bussinesses with a "No guns" sign posted in Sussex earlier this year. Too bad this particular salon in the video didn't have a shnazzy lil GFZ sign on the front door. That would have stopped the bad guy in his tracks!

Ding, ding, ding! They've since removed any signage on the outside, so I have no idea if they have a policy or not.

AaronS

Think the east side of Milwaukee is safe?

Anyone know if carrying is respected at Guarantee Bank?

I guess Guarantee Bank only lets people who "take out" large sums of money carry guns...
I am happy that this BG did not start killing people, as I am sure he was the only person with a gun in the building. He could have fired his gun until he ran out of ammo. And Wisconsin would be in the news again...

M

McX

a breakthrough may have been achieved. at least an understanding, and changing of opinion from opposition, to quiet support: i met with my inlaws today, i went over to discuss Open Carry with them. to this point it appeared they opposed it. we discussed things for over 2 hours. i went over EVERY thing. Constitutional rights, state laws, use of lethal force, the rediculous car carry laws, and the dance i must perform to be law abiding and compliant. The MKE girl thing, the Madison thing, and the 'other' Milwaukee thing. The goals and objectives of WisconsinCarry, the organization as a whole, our social envolvement, and what we seek to change and achieve. The relevant laws of other states, and the shortcomings of ours (state). The need to carry, the places that we can carry. everything was out on the table for discussion, everything was discussed. Their position seemed to change to a fuller understanding of me, my rights, the laws. The rights of property owners was also discussed, relating to them. They are still hesitant to allow me to carry there, but accept it, asking that i be sensitive to the views, and fears of other guests when i am there.

CenTex

Right Paul.

Now find me any instance of murder with a toothpick and I will totally capitulate. Your argument is without basis.

Alcohol and dangerous weapons do not mix, end of story.

This lady's husband could do it. [FONT=&quot]http://www.screencast.com/t/2N3ikRio[/FONT]

Last edited:

CenTex

Right Paul.

Now find me any instance of murder with a toothpick and I will totally capitulate. Your argument is without basis.

Alcohol and dangerous weapons do not mix, end of story.

This lady's husband could do it. [FONT=&quot]http://screencast.com/t/2N3ikRio[/FONT] :lol: