• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No need for a gun?

protias

LMAO!! :D If I remember rite, I think that a tanning salon was one of the bussinesses with a "No guns" sign posted in Sussex earlier this year. Too bad this particular salon in the video didn't have a shnazzy lil GFZ sign on the front door. That would have stopped the bad guy in his tracks!

Not sure why this would be humorous?

Cobbersmom has it right. This is the alleged "Honey Bee Killer".

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2010/12/14/details-emerge-linking-honeybee-killer-to-tanning-rob/

I was referencing the time I had received harassment from several officers. The following week, everyone went back to China Wok to eat. Right next door was a tanning salon that had a no guns sign on it.

Last edited:

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
a breakthrough may have been achieved. at least an understanding, and changing of opinion from opposition, to quiet support: i met with my inlaws today, i went over to discuss Open Carry with them. to this point it appeared they opposed it. we discussed things for over 2 hours. i went over EVERY thing. Constitutional rights, state laws, use of lethal force, the rediculous car carry laws, and the dance i must perform to be law abiding and compliant. The MKE girl thing, the Madison thing, and the 'other' Milwaukee thing. The goals and objectives of WisconsinCarry, the organization as a whole, our social envolvement, and what we seek to change and achieve. The relevant laws of other states, and the shortcomings of ours (state). The need to carry, the places that we can carry. everything was out on the table for discussion, everything was discussed. Their position seemed to change to a fuller understanding of me, my rights, the laws. The rights of property owners was also discussed, relating to them. They are still hesitant to allow me to carry there, but accept it, asking that i be sensitive to the views, and fears of other guests when i am there.

Well done, sir. Facts and truth will always triumph over fear and ignorance.

Cobbersmom

Interview with cop falsely accused as the Honeybee Killer

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=7848428
This was very moving. It wasn't until this thread that I realized the tanning salon is linked to the cop that was falsely accused. He's kept a low profile until now. The gun used in the shootings was determined to be the same gun turned on him when he tried to rob the salon. The cop had his eyes opened to the justice system in our county when people in power work from a vendetta and not from evidence.
The newscast video is only 3 minutes but there is a link to a 23 min. interview. Wow, so much wrong in this situation. My heart goes out to Officer Brian Dorian.

M

McX

I was referencing the time I had received harassment from several officers. The following week, everyone went back to China Wok to eat. Right next door was a tanning salon that had a no guns sign on it.

they dont like guns in tanning salons because of the politically incorrect tan mark outline of a gun it leaves on one.

protias

Chief: Woburn cop slay like ‘wild west’

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/re...t_shootout_ended_in_hail_of_bullets_diamonds/

“It was like the Wild West,” Woburn Police Chief Philip Mahoney said, his voice cracking as he fought to maintain his composure. “We do not have shootings in Woburn. We do not have that kind of community. Officer Maguire lost his life defending it.”

Sad to see an officer lost his life by a career criminal. All the more reason people should be armed at all times.

XDFDE45

I was just going to post that one. That's why if I ever do end up selling stuff, I'll be armed.

To be honest I'm not sure why he agreed to meet there to begin with. A pubic and well lit place is ideal if you are going to make a transaction in person. Sadly the guy was almost asking to be robbed. Gotta be aware of your surroundings people.

Last edited:

smithman

Ed Flynn said this regarding the increase in Milwaukee homicides in 2010:

"We understand that the dynamics and motivation of some forms of homicide are susceptible to police tactics and some are not."

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/112736814.html

He just told people that the police cannot prevent or stop all crime. The result of this is that you may not have a cop nearby if you're suddenly in trouble. Sounds like a call to all people to OC for their own protection.

scm54449

Opt-Out Members

"We understand that the dynamics and motivation of some forms of homicide are susceptible to police tactics and some are not."

He just told people that the police cannot prevent or stop all crime. The result of this is that you may not have a cop nearby if you're suddenly in trouble. Sounds like a call to all people to OC for their own protection.

What I find even more telling is in 2010 76% of all homicide victims had criminal arrest histories with an average of 10 arrests while 86% of the suspects had criminal histories with an average of 8 arrests. I'm amazed the Milwaukee "citiots" still believe we can stop the homicides by passing a "gun law".

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Figuratively speaking, Milwuakee's criminals have shot to hell WAVE's arguement that due to low crime rates concealed carry is not needed in Wisconsin. Maybe Flynn was proning the wrong people during 2010 also.

oak1971

That and maybe we have too many police or need to re-task them for duties other than traffic stops.