• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No need for a gun?

protias

Milwaukee Police Department
Beware of media reporting using unnamed "sources" for info. Here are the facts: Milwaukee Police are investigating a homicide that occurred at 4 a.m. today in the 4600 block of N. 27th St. The victim is a female. The investigation is in its early stages and in order to not jeopardize that investigation, we are not releasing anything further at this time.

http://www.wisn.com/news/27654137/detail.html

Last edited:

MKEgal

http://www.wisn.com/newsarchive/27666774/detail.html
Milwaukee police said the man has been sexually assaulting and robbing women between 18th and 60th streets, and between Center and Wright streets.
Police said a string of sexual assaults and robberies against women started March 16 at 47th and Center streets. Police said five victims have been sexually assaulted since, and four of those five women were also robbed.
Police said the victims ages range from 16 to 34, and the suspect strikes mostly at night, taking victims to backyards and open garages. All the crimes are at gunpoint.
A group of men in the area is speaking out against the crimes.
I think it'd be more useful for them to help the intended victims learn to protect themselves... in whatever way best suits their needs & temperment.

M

McX

BinLaden has no need for a gun.................at least not anymore.

protias

MKEgal

Gee, if he weren't dead he'd be facing a ticket for not having his pistol unloaded & encased while in the vehicle!
[/sarcasm]
One more very graphic example of how laws don't stop criminals from committing crimes.
(Loaded vehicle carry isn't a crime, it's only a ticket; I'm thinking more of the "shooting at people who aren't trying to kill you" thing.)

I wish wish wish wish our elected representatives would make WI laws sensible...

Last edited:

protias

Three Teens Injured In Separate Shootings

http://www.wisn.com/news/27818079/detail.html

Also, first and third victims were in a GFSZ, so the news must be lying since no guns are allowed there.

Second one, there was another shooting there about a month ago in that area.

Hey MPD, I thought ShotSpotter was going to prevent these crimes?

protias

Man gets three years in fatal street shooting

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/121533819.html

How did this 18 year old get a handgun? It surely wasn't from a FFL. While this was gang related, imagine if this were between a law abiding citizen and a criminal?

Trevaughn C. Rayford, originally charged with first-degree intentional homicide, pleaded guilty in March to a reduced charge of recklessly endangering safety. After his release, Rayford will serve up to three more years of supervised release. Milwaukee County Circuit Judge Dennis Cimpl gave Rayford credit for 300 days he's already served in jail since his arrest.

What the heck is this crap?!

MKEgal

Ok, this is scary. If people like this are out on the streets, and the "justice" system won't keep them under wraps because their exploits are seen as pranks, what's left but for citizens to protect ourselves?

http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/watchdogreports/106387898.html
'Stupid' crime means no prison time: Pair dodge prison sentence after charged in gun robbery
Antoine Drew Jr. wanted Jovanee Stewart's gold chains on the night of April 8, 2009, so he pulled out a handgun, pointed it at the teenager and threatened to shoot him.
Drew took the 17-year-old's jewelry, his cell phone, his shoes, and even his gold teeth covers and split the loot with his accomplice, Harold Cropp.
Drew faced up to 40 years in prison and Cropp was looking at as much as 19, but neither was sent to prison.
At sentencing Assistant District Attorney Aaron Hall asked for a relatively light term of 20 months in prison on the 40-year felony, noting Drew's record, which didn't yet include any major violent crimes.
Ten months later, police arrested Drew on another robbery. This time, prosecutors say, he killed someone. [One of his accomplices in the robbery, whom he shot in the leg & bled to death. ~Mg]
"When they have in front of them a poster boy for unbridled gun possession, they've got to take steps to send the message that one should not carry a firearm illegally in Milwaukee," [Milwaukee Police Chief] Flynn said.

Last edited: