Thread: Gang Members Blast City, Police Policies. Supt. Weis Has Threatened To Go After Gangs

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Gang Members Blast City, Police Policies. Supt. Weis Has Threatened To Go After Gangs

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/gang.me...2.1892495.html
    "At a news conference organized by self-identified gang members Thursday morning, several speakers complained that police and city officials do not respect them, and that the only way to curb violence is to provide jobs and improve their community. "

"Provide Jobs"?

So, they are upset that no one has handed them a job on a silver platter? Do they not see the irony in that? Finding a job or starting a career is a goal to be worked towards. The work required to get a job is a required part of the process. Nothing in life is free.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rscottie View Post
    SNIP
    So, they are upset that no one has handed them a job on a silver platter? Do they not see the irony in that? Finding a job or starting a career is a goal to be worked towards. The work required to get a job is a required part of the process. Nothing in life is free.
    No bashing government bureaucrats and tax plunderers living off the public teat, please.
    Last edited by Citizen; 09-02-2010 at 06:15 PM.

I never knew the police could "provide jobs" for subjects.

Banned
    I belong to Zogby's Research Panel and just finished his survey. One question was to the effect of what would I tell a politician is my highest need. I responded "the UNINFRINGED Second Amendment." I doubt it'll be statistically significant enough to be heard.

http://interactive.zogby.com/pollreg...m?refsite=tell
    Last edited by Doug Huffman; 09-02-2010 at 07:47 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    SNIP I doubt it'll be statistically significant enough to be heard.
    Oh, you never know. There was that single gunshot in 1775--just one--at Lexington Massachussetts on the morning of April 19th. Statistically insignificant, you know. Yet,...

Banned
    I keep lighting these matches but the strawmen are all so damp, vaporous and insignificant.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    I keep lighting these matches but the strawmen are all so damp, vaporous and insignificant.
    ( Nice turn of phrase.)

Well, maybe that's your problem right there. Damp strawmen have nothing to fear from matches. What you need, my friend, is flying monkeys. Everybody knows strawmen are afraid of flying monkeys and green witches.

Banned
    Thank you. Those were fictional strawmen of OZ.

How can there be all this gun violence with the strict laws in Chicago with regards to firearms ? Maybe they should put up some signs in the hood that ban guns ? That seems to work everywhere else.
    - Knowledge is power and there IS strength in numbers -

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Regular Member frommycolddeadhands's Avatar
    *WIMPER* you mean the police dont respect the gangs? Oh how sad. And nobody will give you a job because you've been arrested thirty times and are a habitual drug user? Say it ain't so!

Zero sympathy for these idiots.
    God is the one driving this stagecoach, I'm just riding shotgun.

It's Chicago. There's nothing but criminals in that equation. It's just a matter of public sector versus private sector criminals, albeit many of the private sector criminals are doubtless receiving some sort of government subsidy as well.

The bottom line is that there are NO "good guys" in that story. Anybody who doubts that can ask Karolina Obrycka and the family of Michael Pleasance.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    It's Chicago. There's nothing but criminals in that equation. It's just a matter of public sector versus private sector criminals, albeit many of the private sector criminals are doubtless receiving some sort of government subsidy as well.
    LOL!!

Too true, too true. +1

When these social "WELFARE" programs dry up and everything goes to hell, it will be the best thing this country has needed for a very long time. It will be just like a crack addict to these spoiled groups, either it is sink or swim and those who try to cheat ("rob from me") the recovery process they will meet my 45 and my .223. I pray everyday that the welfare balance gets smaller and smaller till it can be ruled as unconstitutional .
    Last edited by zack991; 09-06-2010 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post

Brilliant observation, and sadly, all too true...

Bald-faced hypocrisy is the last resort of the fundamentally evil when they've been caught red-handed. Nothing in the political world surprises me anymore. Politicians and the neo-nobility have become so brazen in their hypocrisy that I would be shocked if things like this DIDN'T happen.

The Chicago government going after gangs is like the Afghan government going after the opium trade, or Marion Berry going after prostitution and crack dealers, or Sarah Palin starting a program to stomp out illiteracy, or the Bush family criticizing someone for funding totalitarian regimes.

Oh, wait a minute, those things all actually HAVE happened... Maybe we really ARE living in "reverse world" after all?...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Campaign Veteran
    Wow these gang members are stuuuuuupid! Not suprisingly. The government is basically giving money away through pell grants for college education, or maybe they could get a loan bust ass in school and pay it back when you are actually qualified for a good paying job. I'm guessing most of those people are not willing to work that hard. Instead they kill each other and innocent people.......

oh well at least I'm not living too close to these idiots, and even moving farther away next year!

Quote Originally Posted by flb_78 View Post
    I never knew the police could "provide jobs" for subjects.
    Well, they could sweep standing water off sidewalks. (the gangs, not the cops).