• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gang Members Blast City, Police Policies. Supt. Weis Has Threatened To Go After Gangs

rscottie

"Provide Jobs"?

So, they are upset that no one has handed them a job on a silver platter? Do they not see the irony in that? Finding a job or starting a career is a goal to be worked towards. The work required to get a job is a required part of the process. Nothing in life is free.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP
So, they are upset that no one has handed them a job on a silver platter? Do they not see the irony in that? Finding a job or starting a career is a goal to be worked towards. The work required to get a job is a required part of the process. Nothing in life is free.

No bashing government bureaucrats and tax plunderers living off the public teat, please. :D

Last edited:

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I keep lighting these matches but the strawmen are all so damp, vaporous and insignificant.

:)) Nice turn of phrase.)

Well, maybe that's your problem right there. Damp strawmen have nothing to fear from matches. What you need, my friend, is flying monkeys. Everybody knows strawmen are afraid of flying monkeys and green witches.

rotty

How can there be all this gun violence with the strict laws in Chicago with regards to firearms ? Maybe they should put up some signs in the hood that ban guns ? That seems to work everywhere else.

frommycolddeadhands

*WIMPER* you mean the police dont respect the gangs? Oh how sad. And nobody will give you a job because you've been arrested thirty times and are a habitual drug user? Say it ain't so!

Zero sympathy for these idiots.

Deanimator

It's Chicago. There's nothing but criminals in that equation. It's just a matter of public sector versus private sector criminals, albeit many of the private sector criminals are doubtless receiving some sort of government subsidy as well.

The bottom line is that there are NO "good guys" in that story. Anybody who doubts that can ask Karolina Obrycka and the family of Michael Pleasance.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
It's Chicago. There's nothing but criminals in that equation. It's just a matter of public sector versus private sector criminals, albeit many of the private sector criminals are doubtless receiving some sort of government subsidy as well.

LOL!!

Too true, too true. +1

zack991

When these social "WELFARE" programs dry up and everything goes to hell, it will be the best thing this country has needed for a very long time. It will be just like a crack addict to these spoiled groups, either it is sink or swim and those who try to cheat ("rob from me") the recovery process they will meet my 45 and my .223. I pray everyday that the welfare balance gets smaller and smaller till it can be ruled as unconstitutional .

Last edited:

Dreamer

Brilliant observation, and sadly, all too true...

Bald-faced hypocrisy is the last resort of the fundamentally evil when they've been caught red-handed. Nothing in the political world surprises me anymore. Politicians and the neo-nobility have become so brazen in their hypocrisy that I would be shocked if things like this DIDN'T happen.

The Chicago government going after gangs is like the Afghan government going after the opium trade, or Marion Berry going after prostitution and crack dealers, or Sarah Palin starting a program to stomp out illiteracy, or the Bush family criticizing someone for funding totalitarian regimes.

Oh, wait a minute, those things all actually HAVE happened... Maybe we really ARE living in "reverse world" after all?...

BJA

Campaign Veteran
Wow these gang members are stuuuuuupid! Not suprisingly. The government is basically giving money away through pell grants for college education, or maybe they could get a loan bust ass in school and pay it back when you are actually qualified for a good paying job. I'm guessing most of those people are not willing to work that hard. Instead they kill each other and innocent people.......

oh well at least I'm not living too close to these idiots, and even moving farther away next year!