• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Finally happened - had to leave.

GWbiker

Last Saturday, went to Tucson gun show with Sig P220 in OC. On way home I stopped off at Denny's on E. Irvington rd for food. I saw place was near empty as manager held door open for me and then he noticed the P220.

Manager: "Uh no guns allowed in here, 'cause we serve alcohol".

Me looking around for gunbuster sign or beer posters:"When did you start selling alcohol".

Manager:"We always served alcohol". (Very true, been there before and did OC - I just never noticed)

Me as I turned to leave:"Guess I won't be eating here".

Manager with usual dumb statement:"Sorry about that".

Got back in car and drove to IHOP on Grant and Rosemont which doesn't serve booze and accepts OC. Place was busy, and no one noticed the big ugly Sig I was carrying and I had a great meal.

Later, I emailed Denny's website inquiring which Denny's restaurants in Tucson serve alcohol - Beer & Wine.
Got a reply next day - E. Irvington location is the only one.

Oh well, my bad.

azcdlfred

Later, I emailed Denny's website inquiring which Denny's restaurants in Tucson serve alcohol - Beer & Wine. Got a reply next day - E. Irvington location is the only one.
You may want to expand your query. It is my understanding that all Denny's serve booze. You aksed which ones serve beer and wine. Ask which ones have liquor licenses instead. Because they are not that expensive, many beer and wine places have the full liquor license.

The type of license has no effect on where you can carry. If some gin mill that doesn't serve any food, unless you want to count the pretzels on the bar or that dusty jar of pickled pigs feet behind the bar, isn't posted you can carry in there.

One of the very few good things in the Restaurant Carry bill was dropping all distinction about liquor license types or whether a place served food.

Fred

*1911_man*

so you got the one dennys that serves alcohol? LOL. Thats my kind of luck right there.
I Oc at dennys when i go there, the people there are very nice about it.

GWbiker

You may want to expand your query. It is my understanding that all Denny's serve booze. You aksed which ones serve beer and wine. Ask which ones have liquor licenses instead. Because they are not that expensive, many beer and wine places have the full liquor license.

The type of license has no effect on where you can carry. If some gin mill that doesn't serve any food, unless you want to count the pretzels on the bar or that dusty jar of pickled pigs feet behind the bar, isn't posted you can carry in there.

One of the very few good things in the Restaurant Carry bill was dropping all distinction about liquor license types or whether a place served food.

Fred

My OP was a bit mis worded - I emailed Denny's Corp website requesting which Denny's restaurant's in Tucson area served Alcohol. They responded with E. Irvington location serving Beer and Wine as only location.

And yes, IHOP does have better food, plus Grant & Rosemont and Broadway & Pantano IHOP's have no problem with OC.

NRAMARINE

We have our breakfast meets at the IHOP in Hammond La., sometimes. Either way they get my business almost every sunday. They have never given any problems with oc here either.

Brian D.

There are several IHOPs in the Cincinnati area. The one closest to me--you might say the most "inner city" IHOP here--is posted with 'No Guns' signage.

Their other stores are outside the metro circle interstate for the most part, and don't post. My complaint e-mails and letters to IHOP corporate always hint at the idea that their company just may be a little bigoted or rascist, based on the evidence. They've stopped sending back any sort of reply at all.

Sorry for the drift, and for those of you who haven't seen IHOPs with gunbuster signs, no offense intended, carry on. Fwiw we are just now getting Denny's restaurants back in my region, they were gone for a long time. Hope they don't become CPZs too.

Jared

Denny's serves beer

In Arizona, most Denny's restaurants serve beer. The Denny's in Yuma served a small selection of beer. Also, as of 3 years ago, the IHOP in Yuma was posted "no weapons allowed."

brokenbarrel

In Arizona, most Denny's restaurants serve beer. The Denny's in Yuma served a small selection of beer. Also, as of 3 years ago, the IHOP in Yuma was posted "no weapons allowed."

i work at the ihop in casa grande and i just told my new GM about how much business he has lost for the no guns sign that isnt even up to code for size and wording he said realy?Mind you he just became GM so he started to pick at the sign like he was gonna remove it but we had customers comeing in so he stoped I told him about golden corral next door to us allowing them and people hosting oc events there so hopefully he will remove it...On another note just found out today the rubios in casa grande removed their no gun sign do to several people informing them that they wont buy there,we wont say who got theses people to go in almost weekly and say i was gonna buy tacos but you dont want my $ cuz i carry

GWbiker

You might pass this on to your GM....

The IHOP in Tucson on Grant at Rosemont has to my knowledge never been posted - no guns. I OC there often.

The IHOP in Tucson at corner of Broadway & Pantano was posted until about a years ago. Little blue sign on front door was removed. They support OC.

Another IHOP on Grant just off I-10 remains posted, to my knowledge. BAD neighborhood.

mFonz77

I don't think the one in Sierra Vista does, but I'll check in case anyone is curious. The SV one is NASTY even by Denny's standards, so I don't eat there anyway. I think we are getting an IHOP soon when the new Super Wal-Mart opens...

NRAMARINE

I don't think the one in Sierra Vista does, but I'll check in case anyone is curious. The SV one is NASTY even by Denny's standards, so I don't eat there anyway. I think we are getting an IHOP soon when the new Super Wal-Mart opens...

IHOP in a Wally World? Talk about one stop shopping.

PavePusher

You might pass this on to your GM....

The IHOP in Tucson on Grant at Rosemont has to my knowledge never been posted - no guns. I OC there often.

The IHOP in Tucson at corner of Broadway & Pantano was posted until about a years ago. Little blue sign on front door was removed. They support OC.

Another IHOP on Grant just off I-10 remains posted, to my knowledge. BAD neighborhood.

The Broadway/Pantano one was the one that told me "no carry" a while back (A year ago? Maybe more?) I posted the incident here, but was pretty streched at work and never got to follow up in a timely manner, so dropped the issue and haven't had the opportunity to go back yet. I'll have to test this again soon, maybe this weekend...

P.S. Is there a way to format text on the new forum? I can't figure out how to highlight/italicize/etc.

mFonz77

P.S. Is there a way to format text on the new forum? I can't figure out how to highlight/italicize/etc.

It should recognize BB code. For italics, surround your text in [ i ] [ / i ] (but without the spaces - I had to do that so it wouldn't parse) like so italic
Bold would be [ b ] [ / b ] -- Guns are great!

Last edited:

GWbiker

The Broadway/Pantano one was the one that told me "no carry" a while back (A year ago? Maybe more?) I posted the incident here, but was pretty streched at work and never got to follow up in a timely manner, so dropped the issue and haven't had the opportunity to go back yet. I'll have to test this again soon, maybe this weekend...

Went in there last night for good food and listen to NFL game on my tiny I-POD. Little blue sticker on front door banning guns has long ago been removed. I OC the P-64 in an UM sidekick holster. As usual - no problems from staff or patrons.

Last edited:

PavePusher

Went in there last night for good food and listen to NFL game on my tiny I-POD. Little blue sticker on front door banning guns has long ago been removed. I OC the P-64 in an UM sidekick holster. As usual - no problems from staff or patrons.

Thanks for the report! Now I feel really lazy and useless. Sigh... 8>) O.K., all better now....