Thread: Private Planes?

Banned

Private Planes?

I would assume that a small private plane (ie. cessna) would be covered as a vehicle in Michigan, and therefore covered by CPL, but law is seldom simple. Is there any US or FAA regs that would prevent carry in a small private aircraft?

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    I would assume that a small private plane (ie. cessna) would be covered as a vehicle in Michigan, and therefore covered by CPL, but law is seldom simple. Is there any US or FAA regs that would prevent carry in a small private aircraft?

Think someone is going to stop you and pull you over in the sky?

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your Q.

Bush pilots carry all the time,so id assume its allowed somehow.

http://www.lawyerintl.com/law-articl...0On%20Aircraft

appears private craft of certain sizes its legal,so long as you dont enter any sterile airport areas
    Last edited by lil_freak_66; 09-03-2010 at 12:36 AM.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

MOC Charter Member - Dearborn Heights, Michigan, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_freak_66 View Post
    private craft of certain sizes its legal,so long as you dont enter any sterile airport areas
    +1

Over the years I have met many pilots who carry, it is a good question raised by stainless. When I had my pilots training my instructor had a CCW and carried, so did I. I really have no idea with all the idiotic Homeland security laws we have now.

from the link provided by lil_freak_66 here is a quote.

"unless you are flying in a private aircraft"

"What does all this mean? Well, for the majority of people traveling on commercial aircraft, the ability to transport firearms on the aircraft is severely restricted. In almost all cases, "unless you are flying in a private aircraft", carrying firearms with you on an aircraft, either on your person or in your carry-on luggage, is prohibited."

So the lawyer says unless you are on a private aircraft, so one could assume it's okay as long as the pilot says so.

Read more: http://www.lawyerintl.com/law-articl...#ixzz0yTm7LRcu

Quote Originally Posted by lil_freak_66 View Post
    Bush pilots carry all the time,so id assume its allowed somehow.

http://www.lawyerintl.com/law-articl...0On%20Aircraft

appears private craft of certain sizes its legal,so long as you dont enter any sterile airport areas
    Last edited by Bailenforcer; 09-03-2010 at 11:09 AM.
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

I am glad that this question was asked. I am considering a Backpacking Trip to Isle Royale (in Lake Superior) this coming year. I have not been there since 1990 and want to go back badly. The quickest, easiest way there is to take the seaplane to Windigo and hike the Greenstone Ridge Trail back to Rock Harbor (more or less). I would be taking my firearm for protection (no bears, but wolves are there and moose are plentiful) and will have to check with the private airline.

Thanks Stainless1911!

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Not authoritative but quite a coincidence...

Not authoritative but quite a coincidence...

http://www.nps.gov/isro/parkmgmt/lawsandpolicies.htm

Weapons restrictions aboard Concession Seaplane:
    With regard to aircraft operated by an authorized National Park concessionaire, open and concealed carry of firearms aboard any aircraft is prohibited, except by law enforcement officers per FAA regulations. Visitors to Isle Royale National Park that fly aboard commercial aircraft, and have a concealed weapons permit recognized by the state of Michigan, and wish to transport their firearm to the island must receive prior approval from the pilot. If granted, the weapon will not accessible in the cabin of the aircraft, it will be transported in a locked case, broken down and unloaded and declared to the pilot.